Darkhive is making robotics accessible. We are a new startup focused on the application of robotics to the public safety and defense community. Our approach in accessibility is built on three pillars of low-cost, ease-of-use, and open interface design to enable extensibility by third parties.
Darkhive is creating an autonomy software stack that will enable military and public safety users to intuitively interact with robotics platforms to understand their common environment and make decisions when it matters most. In addition to our core software suite, Darkhive is creating a palm-sized, autonomous drone optimized to demonstrate the capabilities of our software stack. The integrated software and hardware solution are key to realizing the full potential of the product in our target markets.
You will solve challenging autonomy problems in small aerial robotics including the design and testing of algorithms for navigation, tracking, and stabilization of our platforms. You will develop and validate models within simulations within a variety of representative environments to improve navigation performance in GNSS-denied situations. As an early hire, your purview will span software interfaces, operating system, algorithm development, simulation, and optimization to help our autonomous systems navigate reliably in difficult situations. If you have wanted to make sure the "right" system is developed for next-level sUAS autonomy, come help us build a vision of making robots safe, easy, and affordable performing real tasks for their human counterparts.
- Strong experience in C/C++, with a focus on planning and navigation ideally 8+ years of industry experience
- Bachelors or more in Robotics, Software Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or similar.
- Experience developing navigation algorithms for small platforms in GPS-denied environments.
- Experience with developing for mobile/embedded platforms such as NVIDIA XavierNX, Qualcomm Snapdragon, or Intel Neural Compute Stick (Movidius).
- Experience with navigtation problems and translating them to embedded/edge environments.
- US. Citizenship
- Previous software development on a small uncrewed aerial system (sUAS).
- Familiarity with ROS/2 or PX4 a plus.
- Familiarity with GTSAM or factor graphs a plus.
- Familiarity with simulation platforms such as Gazebo, Airsim, ISAAC, etc.
- Real-time, critical software development where latency matters.
- Python experience a plus.
- An active security clearance (this is not a requirement for the position).
- Phone Screen (30 minutes) - Get to know more about the company and tell us about your experience.
- Takehome / Project Review at your own pace. No trick algorithm questions.
- Hire / No Hire - Based on video conference review of solution with opportunity to ask questions and meet the team.
- Fully Remote
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
Darkhive is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate about making autonomy accessible for everyone, we'd love to hear from you!