We’re hiring an experienced Mobile Engineer to join our drone automation team. In this role as Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for bringing to market some of DroneDeploy's most advanced features for drone flight automation, real-time mapping, machine learning, and more. DroneDeploy’s mobile applications already fly millions of flights globally, and we are expanding our platform. We believe in a future where drones will become 10x smarter and fly themselves without any human intervention. Your work in this role will lay that groundwork.
- Hit the ground running as a highly productive, self-driven engineer
- Support development of features from design to production within a native Android and Angular architecture.
- Bring new ideas to make DroneDeploy better
- 3+ years of experience developing modern Angular-based applications
- 1+ years of experience working with Android Kotlin or Java
- Experience working with Angular, RxJS, and TypeScript
- Previous experience shipping production code in a popular mobile app
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing
- A healthy and considered balance between loving to ship code fast and keeping up best practices for reliability and maintainability
- Awareness and opinions on technologies
- Data-driven decision making and data-literacy
- Being able to work between 9am - 5pm PT is preferred, with availability between 10am-3pm PT required
Bonus Skills, Experience, Interests
In addition to the required qualifications, we highly value candidates who have a strong understanding of the Android ecosystem and platform, experience with code testing, and a willingness to be flexible with technologies. Additionally, experience in related fields such as drone flight, robotics, imagery, or hardware-connected applications is considered a plus. If you're passionate about building innovative software for the future of drone technology and possess any of these bonus skills, we encourage you to apply.
Software Engineering at DroneDeploy
DroneDeploy is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge drone and robotics technology that solves some of the world's most complex problems. Our engineers use a range of technologies in creating connected iOS/Android applications, drone hardware, flight autonomy, computer vision, scaled compute, 3D reconstruction/rendering, and machine learning. We're looking for talented engineers who share our passion for building innovative software that pushes the boundaries of what's possible in the field.We take pride in our collaborative work environment and foster a strong learning culture, constantly striving to improve and innovate. Our core values are centered around building trust, simplifying, and making things happen.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.