The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as an Senior Project Manager on our corporate PMO Team anywhere in the United States and do the best work of your career!
What you’ll achieve
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join Dell’s Security & Resiliency Office to deliver critical initiatives aligned to Dell’s Security roadmap. The program manager will be supporting a larger enterprise-wide program. This role would be collaborating, driving, and delivering with technology leadership, customers, and project teams. Creating and execution of project charter, schedule, communication plan and tracking issues, risks through resolution. This program has a large stakeholder audience, and it is key to understand the complexity of interdependencies and setting stakeholder expectations. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and fast-moving, with the ability to lead large cross-functional technical teams all while falling back on foundational project management principals.
- Foundational Project Management support, Ability to drive teams to develop scope, schedule and definition of done.
- Guidance and tracking of critical cross-functional programs and projects from planning/initiation through delivery; conducts regular reviews with technology teams, and executives to ensure program is on track.
- Typically responsible for highly complex, large budget projects with global impact, involving multiple functions or processes
- Manages portfolios and/or programs, or specific activities related to same within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project
- Provides guidance in managing programs and/or projects from planning/initiation through delivery; conducts regular reviews with finance, technology partners and customers to ensure program is on track
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence others to achieve results; may oversee or mentor team members
- Evaluate and recommend techniques and practices that ensure goal achievement
- Influences continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
- Experience preparing and reporting at the executive leadership level
- Contribute to the creation of project management standards and processes by maintaining in-depth awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet portfolio/project/program delivery requirements
- Develop strong relationships within the Strategy & Business Operations team and across SRO to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness and help resolve operational issues
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Prior experience leading large Cyber Security and/or IT related projects and has a passion for program development
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse group of stakeholders with a strong background in facilitation, negotiation and conflict management
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing, shifting priorities and flexibility across time zones
- Ability to devise and implement processes and process improvements to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in multiple modes of delivery including Waterfall and Agile
- 7 - 10 years of Program Management experience with ability to manage multiple project workstreams concurrently
- Experience working in a Project Delivery Office where typical projects are from customers outside the immediate organization.
- Ensures rigorous attention to detail in all work activities and products
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.