Mactores is a trusted leader among businesses in providing modern data platform solutions. Since 2008, Mactores have been enabling businesses to accelerate their value through automation by providing End-to-End Data Solutions that are automated, agile, and secure. We collaborate with customers to strategize, navigate, and accelerate an ideal path forward with a digital transformation via assessments, migration, or modernization.
You will be part of the DevOps engineers' team, managing large customer deployments including Linux and Windows Administration, Large Enterprise Application, and Big Data Workloads. You will have broad business and technology expertise coupled with a background in professional services and client-facing skills. You are passionate about the best practices of cloud deployment and ensuring the customer expectation is set and met appropriately. You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure.
You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you’ll build our CI pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices. If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid "corporate" culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world-class team while still being yourself.
What you will do?
- Application migration projects from on-premises to AWS
- Database (RDBMS, NoSQL, DW, Hadoop) migration projects from on-premises to AWS
- Automate operational and server provisioning workflows using AWS CFT on AWS
- Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance
- Enhance operations infrastructures such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, monitoring tools (Consul), and metrics tools such as Graphite and Grafana
- Provide operational support for the rest of the Engineering teamHelp migrate our remaining dedicated hardware infrastructure to the cloud
- Establish and maintain operational best practices
- Participate in hiring culturally fit engineers in the organization Help engineers make their career paths by consulting with themDesign the team strategy in collaboration with founders of the organization
What do you have?
- 2+ years of experience in using Terraform for IaaC
- 2+ years of configuration management and engineering for large scale customers, ideally supporting an Agile development process
- 2+ years of Linux Administration experience
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS/EC2/ ECS/ RDS/ CloudFormation, Cloudwatch, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
- Experience with software build tools (Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)Must have supported Java-based applications in a production environment
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages - bash, python, Groovy
- Experience in supporting Node.js in production is a plus
- Knowledge of service discovery tools such as Consul is a plus
- Comfortable working late evening hours, which is when most patching occurs
- You are extremely proactive at identifying ways to improve things and make them more reliable.
You will be preferred if
- You are AWS DevOps Pro or AWS SA Pro Certified
Our success comes from our pragmatic approach to problem-solving, resolving cross-functional dependencies, and delivering high-value business outcomes.
Mactores hiring process entails three rounds, which are as follows:
Pre-employment Test: You will receive a system-generated email to take the pre-employment tests as necessary.
Hiring Manager Interview Round: In this round, the Mactores hiring manager may conduct multiple interviews. The number of interviews depends on each position. The interview will be between 30 mins to 1 hour to discuss your technical abilities, hands-on experience, leadership skills, and communication skills.
HR Round: 30 mins round to discuss the offer and next steps
Mactores provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training, and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.