- Location: Remote within the North America time zones
- Position: Full-time
- Experience: 2+ Years of engineering management experience
- Technology Stack: Rust, C, C++, Objective-C, Assembly
- Platforms: iOS, Windows & Mac (possibly expanding with your help!)
We are Astropad and we build tools that unlock creativity and productivity, such as:
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad (or Mac) into a wireless second display.
- Astropad Studio – The creative app that turns the iPad into a drawing tablet for creative pros.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager located anywhere within the North American time zones. Your role will be to manage the mighty team of engineers (4 engineers currently) that are behind Luna Display and Astropad Studio for iOS, Mac and Windows.
- 5+ years of experience in developing native Desktop and/or Mobile apps in the consumer space.
- 2+ years experience managing a Software Engineering Team
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Experience working cross-functionally with different teams such as product management, design, marketing, and support teams.
- Kind and intellectually mature. You are invested in your personal growth and have learned how your personality affects others around you.
- You like talking with and relating to humans.
- Know Rust or willing to learn Rust as our software stack currently uses Rust throughout
- The quality and reliability of our software products depends on you
- Set software quality goals & requirements before a public release
- You are passionate about motivating others to do great work and develop as software engineers as well as human beings
- Manage a team of 4-5 engineers working on our core product lines (Luna Display & Astropad Studio).
- You will have weekly 1-1s with your direct reports.
- Partner with design and product management on both large new features and small product enhancements
- Work and learn alongside great peer managers of our Support & Marketing Team with a strong sense of collaboration
- Help expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Organize development Cycles, track progress and QA when needed.
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros, and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started!
We are looking for people who are passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- 401k with matching up to 4%
- Coworking space reimbursement stipend
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 8 weeks paid parental leave for all new parents
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact work with significant responsibility