Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring people, discussions, live streams, content, events and payments together — all in one place, all under a personalized brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised $25M (Series A) to accelerate the way we help creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, and their community.
Circle is a 100% remote company! We now have a team of about 100 (and growing) based in different countries all around the world.
About the role
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Rails/React) to join our CMS engineering team. At Circle, our CMS team is responsible for the core user-facing areas of our product — including community discussions, courses, the Home feed, our automated weekly digests, search, and more. This is a high leverage role with the opportunity to make an immense amount of impact for thousands of Circle communities and millions of members.
What you'll be doing
- Work on our CMS team to build out the best content consumption and management experience for our communities.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them in payments-adjacent areas.
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers.
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process.
What you'll need to be successful
- Significant full-stack experience working with the React and Ruby on Rails stack.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch.
- Strong judgment and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Great communication skills which empower async work across the team.
- A desire to work in an environment that values speed of iteration and individual autonomy.
$130,000 - $140,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the anniversary of your hire date.
The fun stuff:
- Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
- Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
- Generous compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
- Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
- Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
- Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
- Annual bonus potential for roles that don't already receive variable income or commission.
- Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.