Tyler Technologies is looking for an excellent Senior or Lead Engineer to join our team delivering reporting and analytical tools that enable public administrators at local, state, and federal levels to understand data that reflects the function and health of their communities and help them make data-informed decisions about how to manage and improve the lives of people in their communities.
In this role, you will focus on fullstack development supporting Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) applications based on ReactJS, Ruby on Rails, interfacing backend APIs, and databases that are containerized for deployment into an elastically scalable AWS infrastructure. You will understand and champion the application’s data needs, observe system load on the services providing data to the apps, and participate in optimizing queries and structuring data sets to improve query performance. You will know the code in the applications well enough to determine root cause of production issues and be able to fix them through the development, containerization, deployment, and observation cycle.
As we evolve our UX standards and expands our library of reusable design components, you will work alongside offshore engineers building applications to leverage them and keep them consistent with other products. Because some of our clients keep Criminal Justice Information (CJI) in our systems, you must be able to pass a CJIS background check.
Through our Data & Insights solutions, we exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues. We do that by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights. Our data management and analytics solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. New York City, Virginia, the Department of Commerce, and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies use us to connect citizens and their internal teams with information that matters to their day to day life.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
- Daily collaboration with an offshore team to develop data analysis and visualization solutions.
- Collaboration between onshore and offshore development teams ensuring teams are leveraging UX standards and reusable design components.
- Build versions of apps for deployment in an elastically scalable AWS environment
- Champion quality controls and testing to ensure the solutions function and scale as intended.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and fix issues in the deployed solutions, collaborating with the offshore team, if needed.
- Engage with the teams providing services that support the solutions including authentication/authorization and data for analysis and visualization.
- Take on new challenges and opportunities and rapidly develop your own skills.
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience building full-stack applications.
- You have built solutions on the Ruby-on-Rails stack and you are fluent in a front-end language like ReactJS and a scripting language such as Ruby.
- You feel equally at home whether it be in front-end, back-end or infrastructure technologies.
- You are willing to work in any part of the stack required to move the team forward.
- You aim for simplicity.
- You care about scalable, reliable, well-tested code.
- You are humble. You take responsibility for your mistakes, and you learn from them.
- You have experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring.
- You have a strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of ambiguity.
- You want to work in a company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- Ability to pass a federal background check is required.
- Nice to have experience managing and deploying on AWS
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate efficiently and transparently with residents and each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions transform how clients turn actionable insights into opportunities and solutions for their communities. Tyler has more than 40,000 successful installations across nearly 13,000 locations, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. Tyler has been recognized numerous times for growth and innovation, including Government Technology’s GovTech 100 list. More information about Tyler Technologies, an S&P 500 company headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com.To learn more about our Data & Insights solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
State-Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements
Salary will generally fall between $77,823 - $150,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.