Dear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and doers - We want you. DataStax is at the forefront of the generative AI revolution, with proven technologies that empower any organization to deliver the AI-powered applications that are redefining business. The companys marquee product is Astra DB, the industrys only vector database for building real-world, production-level AI applications using real-time data. Built on Apache Cassandrathe massively scalable open source database proven by AI leadersAstra DB is the data engine for responsive AI applications that consistently deliver accurate results, without artificial hallucinations. Thousands of developers and hundreds of the worlds leading enterprises, including Audi, Capital One, The Home Depot, Verizon, VerSe Innovation, and many more rely on DataStax technologies. Learn more at DataStax.com We subscribe to a set of principles that guide how we collaboratively work together. We inspire each other with our values, obsessing over developers and enterprises, taking action and focusing on results, innovating in technology, products, and everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of the DataStax culture and help drive our decisions.
We are looking for an India Sales Leader to increase AstraDB market share for DataStax. This will be a player/coach role. By prospecting to commercial accounts within an assigned region, you will be responsible for driving new business and managing an install base for both customer satisfaction and upsell/cross-sell opportunities.
What you will do:
- Lead AstraDB opportunities and drive new logos in some of the fastest scaling and growing companies in the market/industry.
- Guide and manage the activities of the Account Executives within assigned region to ensure that company revenue goals and objectives are exceeded
- Develop and execute on a business plan to expand business into new accounts throughout a given region
- Juggle the closing of current-quarter deals while nurturing longer-term opportunities
- Coordinating and managing weekly and monthly one-on-one and team pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best-practice sharing.
- Managing daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Attracting, hiring, onboarding and retaining top sales talent; managing attrition
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region
- Work with team members individually as needed while always promoting a healthy team environment
- Supporting the sales team in their sales meetings with prospects
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Generate leads from trade shows and regional networking events.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction and retention
Your experience should include:
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years enterprise software sales experience successfully selling solutions at the C-level (preferably CMO's) with 3+ years of direct sales management experience
- Experience managing and building a team of successful SaaS and or Cloud sales professionals
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Total comfort demonstrating SaaS/cloud-based software and discussing it with business leaders
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- Experience in territory management and planning, at the regional and account levels
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching and training sales methodologies
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required
- Willing to travel as needed throughout the region
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.