We are creating the best way to finance clean energy for the home to help combat climate change. Mosaic partners directly with solar and home improvement professionals, who use our simple point-of-sale app to offer financing options to their customers. This makes it easy and affordable for families to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. Since 2012, Mosaic has funded more than $13 billion in loans through our platform and helped more than 1 million people prosper from clean energy. Join us as we work toward our vision of 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
We are seeking a strategic and collaborative People Operations Manager to join our team in a role that encompasses responsibilities of both a people ops/HR business partner and program manager. In this role, reporting to the Head of People Operations, you will be responsible for driving strategic people initiatives, partnering with leaders/managers to tackle complex challenges, and implementing effective people and talent practices to support our organization's growth and success.
People Business Partnering
- Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to leaders, managers, and team members for assigned departments.
- Proactively assess and understand the needs of various teams and departments, providing guidance and support on people-related matters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement people and talent strategies that align with business objectives and drive team engagement, performance and retention.
- Act as a mediator in resolving employee relations issues, using judgment to reach the best solutions while maintaining a collaborative and high performance culture.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on performance management, talent development, and people management best practices.
People Programs Management
- In partnership with the Head of People Operations, optimize and execute on talent management processes, including performance management, career development, learning & development, and leadership development initiatives / programs.
- Partner with the Head of People Operations to leverage engagement / pulse surveys for team insights and driving action planning and accountability in response to survey results.
- Develop, implement, and manage a variety of people programs and initiatives to support the overall employee experience and engagement in a remote-first environment.
- As a longer term priority, enhance employee onboarding processes and programs, supporting new hires in building the business and company knowledge and relationships they need to be successful.
As part of a small and tight-knit people ops / recruiting team of 5 (including you), serve as a utility player, helping provide primary or secondary coverage on operational responsibilities, dependent upon skills, experience and interests. This may include compensation, data reporting and insights, or other areas.
- 3+ years experience in people/HR business partnership and/or program management roles. This is a mid-senior level position, but we are open to both traditional and non-traditional backgrounds (cross-functional experience could even be a plus).
- Solid general knowledge of HR and management best practices.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in driving employee engagement and culture initiatives.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to surface insights, problem solve, and influence decision-making.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to drive end-to-end project and program management, from identifying a need, to engaging stakeholders in the design process, to implementation.
- Business acumen and a desire to build understanding of our business model and goals for effective partnership with the rest of the business.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment. This means balancing the long-term drive to strengthen our processes and infrastructure with short-term needs to be adaptable and navigate ambiguity.
- A mix of experience in companies of different sizes/stages to help us scale, ideally including high growth software, fintech, clean energy or other relevant industry
- Comfort and skill in presenting and facilitating group sessions
- Analytics / spreadsheet acumen
- Great writer and savviness with producing graphic and presentation materials, including for large or executive audiences
This role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization's people strategy and programs. If you are a strategic, creative thinker, with a passion for both people management and program implementation, this could be your next career adventure.
Compensation: The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$135,000. The position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. In addition, we’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring talented and driven individuals and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Generous paid time off
- 13 Company Holidays
- 401k Match
- Employee Equity Plan
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- We are remote-first (Must be based in the United States)
- Lifestyle Spending accounts for professional and personal wellness
- Mental Health: Headspace subscription, online therapy sessions
- …and more!
Mosaic’s policy is that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel for work, visit our office, or attend in-person meetings, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We encourage you to speak with your recruiter if you would like more details on our COVID-19 safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and experience. Mosaic’s vision is 100% clean energy for all. In order to reach that vision, we believe we must build a diverse company where everyone is treated fairly and feels included. In turn, in accordance with Mosaic’s equal employment opportunity policy, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.