We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human-parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: A Customer-Centric SaaS Sales Leader Who Understands the Intersection of the Creative and Technology Worlds
As an entrepreneurial Customer Success leader, you understand the balance between remaining nimble and establishing repeatable retention and account health processes that will help mature the organization and establish the controls required to build the right Customer Success team for scale. You are obsessed with understanding why customers need our products and services, and you can deploy the appropriate strategies and tactics required to retain logos, increase value realization, and unlock expansion opportunities in collaboration with Sales.
As VP of Customer Success at WellSaid Labs, you will be responsible for increasing software value realization, retention, adoption, and supporting business expansion in our accounts. This is a strategic role that reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. You will build a high-performance success organization that reflects WellSaid’s core values.
One more thing: While you may not be an AI expert, you are a tech enthusiast & creative at heart. This is a key requirement to become a contributing member of WellSaid. Our customers are creating next-generation content, experiences, and products, and you will be there supporting them to achieve their creative goals.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Recruit, build and lead highly functioning, collaborative, empowered remote Customer Success team
- Oversee and execute renewals forecasting (GRR), operational excellence practices, and bookings
- Design and execute Customer Success playbooks and engagement models to implement prescriptive best practices and drive thought leadership with metrics to track and measure customer success effectiveness and health metrics
- Develop trust-based relationships with leaders across the business, including Product & Engineering, Marketing, Finance, People, Operations, and Sales
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize the customer journey and enhance the experience for different customer segments in times of fast growth
- Set and monitor KPIs to measure customer satisfaction, retention, and ACV, and implement initiatives to continuously improve these metrics
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, to drive customer-centric decision-making and advocate for the voice of the customer
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Customer Success team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous learning
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have successfully achieved operational excellence in building and leading success teams in growth and scale stages startups (Series B+).
You also have some combination of the following:
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry with recent mid-market and enterprise SaaS experience, preferably on the creative and technical applications side (selling to content teams, marketing, HR, product)
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles in Series B+ venture back startups
- You have a proven track record of consistently exceeding quota goals with solid leadership, tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience scaling Customer Success for SaaS businesses from $20M ARR to $100M+ ARR
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Proven ability to be a change agent by creating or adopting new customer programs that maximize customer satisfaction
- Strong leadership with experience building a high-performance culture that retains top talent and develops future leaders for our growing team
- Passion for solving customer problems and constantly identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to grow
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire and motivate large remote teams Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- A track record of building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset to use data to drive execution and inform strategy
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask, work cross-functionally within the organization, and thrive in a collaborative environment
To join our team you also:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules - work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An initial “phone” screen with the hiring manager (45 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- An Interview loop with 4-6 interviews (1 hour each) with the Leadership, Success, and Sales team members you will be working most closely with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.