Hi, thanks for reading about our Senior Platform Engineer opportunity! We're glad you're here.
Did you know that Knack is and has always been a 100% remote company? We started as a remote company so we know what it takes to ensure the success of a distributed team.
Knack is a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
We’re looking for someone to increase our development velocity by collaborating closely with our development and cloud teams to create and maintain our internal development platform.
We're looking for applicants that are opinionated about what matters to them and want to join a fun, passionate, close-knit crew of high-quality human beings that, above all, enjoy working together. Hopefully, that's you!
Super excited to apply?! Click HERE to apply now!
Please note: this is a remote role based in Spain.
In this role, you will:
- Create integration libraries between our back-end code and our SaaS solutions (AWS API, Terraform Cloud API, New Relic, and more)
- Help suggest and implement TypeScript best practices within our Front-end and Back-end codebases
- Split shared functionality out of our codebases and into internal libraries, helping write usage and contribution documentation
- Refactor backend and frontend code to more natively integrate with our primary AWS services, such as Parameter Store, Secrets Manager, CloudWatch, and more
- Collaborate with our cloud team to deprecate and replace in-house tooling with AWS-managed solutions
- Help in our efforts to break apart our monolithic API into a more loosely-coupled architecture, focusing primarily on shared functionality and routing
- Help create dashboards and internal tooling so that our customers can have more control over their Knack app’s, and our developers can increase their own development velocity.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Experienced with AWS development, or has a strong interest in learning quickly on the job
- Experienced with CI/CD and testing best practices, or has a strong interest in learning quickly on the job
- Interested in being a strong bridge between Cloud and Development: mentoring our cloud engineers to be better developers, and being an advocate for cloud-oriented solutions within engineering
- Interested in learning more about all aspects of the codebase: from code to container, from CI/CD to AWS.
- Comfortable working with multiple teams on tasks and taking the lead to see projects through to completion
Our stack is evolving over the next year and we’d love you to be a part of that!
Currently we’re using:
- Data: Aurora PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment: All things AWS, Terraform (and Terraform Cloud), Jenkins, Github, Grafana, GrayLog
- Testing: Playwright, Mocha, Jest
- Front-end: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
✨ Benefits ✨
The biggest benefit of Knack is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knackleheads. We're a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that, above all, enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either, though:
- 🛫 Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together once a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- 🚑 HealthCare: we offer private health insurance through Mapfre.
- ☮ Equal opportunity and Diversity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. That's why we're proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
- 💻 Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook.
- 🧠 Learning Credits - An annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
- 🤩 Referral Bonus: we think you're great which means you know awesome people! we offer a referral bonus to anyone you refer for an open position once they are hired as an official Knackster!
- 🏠 Workstation Allowance: we want your work from home space to have everything you need! we offer a workstation allowance to help with that!
👋 Hi! We're Knack 😀
Get to know more about Knack and the team by clicking HERE!
👀 How To Apply 👀
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? ⚡Then we want to hear from you! You can apply for this position by filling out the application.
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit.