Hi, thanks for reading about our Senior QA Automation Engineer opportunity! We're glad you're here.
Did you know that Knack is and has always been a 100% remote company? We started as a remote company so we know what it takes to ensure the success of a distributed team.
Knack is a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
We need a capable Senior Quality Engineer - Automation to help us deliver an outstanding and reliable product.
We’re looking for someone who’s not just an expert at reading and executing on test cases, but someone who can assess and improve our test coverage.
We're looking for applicants that are opinionated about what matters to them and want to join a fun, passionate, close-knit crew of high-quality human beings that, above all, enjoy working together. Hopefully, that's you!
Super excited to apply?! Click HERE to apply now!
Please note: this is a remote role based in Spain.
- Write maintainable and reusable automated tests using Playwright automation testing frameworks
- Identify highest value opportunities to transition existing manual test plans to automated coverage
- Collaborate with infrastructure and engineering teams to create robust automated testing pipelines as part of CI/CD process
- Maintain internal documentation on QA best practices, notes, and SOPs, so others can assist with QA with minimal friction
- Create detailed test plans in collaboration with product, engineering, and success teams
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on tests and test plans
- Review bug reports and identify opportunities to create automated tests to cover these newly discovered scenarios
- Develop/Enhance regression test suite, covering most critical areas of the application first
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- A logical and critical thinker. You can quickly get up to speed and understand complex domain knowledge.
- Experienced communicator who can work with cross-functional teams to create and execute plans.
- Focused on the problem. You can go heads down to understand the root cause of a bug.
- You embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment. You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- Engaging beyond tests. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Data: Both SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment: All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
- Testing: Playwright, Mocha, Jest
- Front-end: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
✨ Benefits ✨
The biggest benefit of Knack is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knackleheads. We're a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that, above all, enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either, though:
- 🛫 Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together once a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- ☮ Equal opportunity and Diversity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. That's why we're proud to be an inclusive company with vales grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
- 💻 Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook.
- 🧠 Learning Credits - An annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
- 🤩 Referral Bonus: we think you're great which means you know awesome people! we offer a referral bonus to anyone you refer for an open position once they are hired as an official Knackster!
- 🏠 Workstation Allowance: we want your work from home space to have everything you need! we offer a workstation allowance to help with that!
👋 Hi! We're Knack 😀
Get to know more about Knack and the team by clicking HERE!
👀 How To Apply 👀
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? ⚡Then we want to hear from you! You can apply for this position by filling out the application.
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit.