Do you wish you could be part of a small team where your efforts will make a huge impact?
Our Service Desk Team exists to enable and assist Percona Staff. We provide support by following documented incident management and request fulfillment processes and procedures while ensuring established policies are observed.
Our Service Desk Agents are the single point of contact for anyone in Percona in need of technical assistance. They provide first-level support for incidents, service requests, knowledge, and routine tasks and ensure tickets forwarded to the next level of support and beyond are handled by partner teams like IT Operations, Security Operations, Compliance, Privacy & Legal.
Moreover, our Service Desk Agents will be working cross-functional with our partner teams to improve processes and procedures, enhancing our results and productivity and better enabling our Staff.
- Our Service Desk team covers a 12-hour shift from 9 am to 9 pm UTC during weekdays.
- The position is remote work from home, 40 hours per week, usually 8 hours per day during weekdays. Our regular schedule consists of a block of hours to cover the shift, which we call core hours. These are usually 4 hours per day. In this case, it would be from 9 am to 1 pm UTC. The rest of the hours are flexible, meaning our Service Desk Agents can work those hours at a time that best fits their schedule.
- Service Desk Agents should also have the flexibility to sometimes work their colleague's schedules, mostly for out-of-office coverage. This position may also require, on special occasions, to work on incident and urgent matters outside of the regular schedule, time that may be recovered from off-shift hours later on.
What You Will Do
- During shift hours, the Service Desk Agent will be responsible for handling the Service Desk ticket queue and chat as first-level support by following documented incident management and request fulfillment processes and procedures while ensuring established policies are observed.
- Moreover, during off-shift hours, our Service Desk Agents will be working cross-functional with partner teams, such as IT Operations, Security Operations, Compliance, Privacy & Legal, to improve processes and procedures, enhancing our results and productivity and better enabling our Staff. These include:
- Staff Enablement: Improve our results and productivity by providing integrated content and training. Creating appropriate documentation and training for our Staff, aiming at self-service. Maintain our Service Desk Team documentation repository. Assist other Business Services teams in maintaining their documentation repositories up to date.
- Staff Compliance: Improve our compliance results by providing continuous communication of our policy requirements and updates. Assist our Staff to quickly fix compliance issues. Ensure our Staff completes the Security and Compliance mandatory training. Regularly perform and document ISO Access Reviews.
- Staff Experience: Improve our processes to ensure the best experience for our Staff, including access provisioning, vendor risk management, and equipment procurement processes.
- Technical Support:
- Take on onboarding/offboarding access management routine tasks
- Handle basic workstation support, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues
- Redirect issues you cannot resolve to the next level of support
- Provide required information on IT products or services
- Learn from next level support technicians
- Customer Service
- Handle ticket / chat / calls with a strong sense of prioritization
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service
- Identify end-users’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Cooperate with technical experts to provide the best service possible
- Make sure tickets are kept up to date and end-users informed
- Staff Enablement
- Writing and maintaining documentation for staff self-service
- Writing and maintaining internal documentation for the Service Desk Team
- Assist in writing and maintaining documentation for the Business Services Organization
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Training New Hires and Staff on Service Desk Processes and Procedures
- Staff Compliance
- Process device compliance requests
- Provide feedback and make recommendations about compliance checks
- Ensure security and compliance mandatory trainings are completed by our staff
- Handle requests for assistance with compliance issues
- Process new vendor and new tool requests
- Periodically assist with ISO Logical Access Reviews
- Staff Experience
- Assist in maintaining automated tasks and workflows managed by the Service Desk, such as access provisioning
- Provide feedback and make recommendations about automated tasks and workflows
- Handle requests related to automated workflows managed by the Service Desk
- Research possible vendors and tools that would benefit the experience provided by the Service Desk
- Handle equipment procurement requests
What You Have Done
- Strong English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Remote and self-directed work
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service and people-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and quality focus
- Enthusiastic and with a “can-do” attitude
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Service Desk software
- Experience in basic administration of tools for user access
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience specifically with our tech stack:
- Google Apps
- Duo Access Gateway
- Experience providing technical support for:
- Windows, Mac, and/or Linux workstations
- Endpoint Security Solutions
- Antivirus, VPN, basic networking, etc.
- Experience with automated tasks and workflows
- Experience in staff enablement and curating documentation
- Experience with vendor risk management
- ITIL Practices experience
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.