Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish. Sealed covers the upfront costs, and we’re accountable to impact: if we don’t cut energy waste, we don’t get paid.
Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
The Senior Digital Designer consultant, with the support of the Marketing team, will play a critical role in how the Sealed brand is communicated to our audience . You will own design execution across the full spectrum of the digital media environment: integrated marketing campaigns (social, digital advertising, and CRM), web design for Sealed.com, landing pages, and various other brand identity assets.
While this role is not specifically for “product” design, fluency in Figma will be key to your success. You will own and manage the design system for Sealed.com, and create responsive experiences that translate our brand across mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms.
You are an artist first! You can illustrate in Adobe CC as well as create buttons in Figma. Sealed currently uses an illustrative aesthetic in our marketing assets, which you will support and evolve.
The Senior Digital Designer consultant will report to the Director of Creative Strategy.
What success looks like:
Grow: Learn through experimentation and create innovative ways to communicate the Sealed brand. Accept that there is no “perfect.” Through constructive feedback you will elevate good ideas and uncover your greatness.
Thrive: Practice your craft in a passionate environment, while helping the team prosper both culturally and creatively. You will work closely with copywriters, developers, strategists, and digital marketers - creating relationships throughout the company.
Own: Take the initiative. Lead creative projects through research, discovery, strategy, and visual design to establish a brand experience that resonates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 7 years of digital design experience in creative marketing and communications
- Innovate — you are excited to redefine a space, pulling unique ideas from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Mastery across mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, and static experiences (marketing assets, branded swag).
- Expert working knowledge of Figma, with ability to demonstrate the use of variants, auto layout, and component systems
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines
- A portfolio demonstrating: expert understanding of visual systems and practices, including layout, iconography, typography, composition and having an eye for graphical communication.
- Experience leading groups through idea generation and decision making processes
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking
- Familiarity with user research practices and ability to translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience preferred
The expected monthly compensation for this contract role is $8,000-$10,000. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
If you need a nudge, this is it. We recognize that people with marginalized identities are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the requirements. But here’s the reality: Rarely do candidates fulfill 100% of the requirements. You have value to offer yet maybe not the confidence to recognize it. Take a chance and apply!