Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 20,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 250m contacts and 60 million business accounts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale. We're also ranked #1 in Satisfaction on G2 Crowd for Sales Intelligence & Sales Engagement and are used by 1M professionals worldwide.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022 to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Role & Team:
The mission of Apollo’s Business Operations team is to bring data insight, operational capability and strategic vision to drive growth and product strategy at Apollo. We partner with the executive team to define Apollo's business strategy, drive cross-functional projects and unlock new growth opportunities. Our team provides strategic perspectives and analytical horsepower to solve critical business strategy, optimization, and operations problems across the organization.
We are a team of individuals with complementary skill sets. You will work collaboratively across Go-To-Market, Product, Finance and Marketing teams on a variety of strategic initiatives with a direct and quantifiable impact to our P&L. You will identify actionable insights, assess their impact, and lead execution & implementation. As one of the first members of the Business Operations team, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of the function and the overall business.
- Partner with key stakeholders across product, marketing, sales, and customer experience to drive product and business strategy by synthesizing insights and setting actionable plans.
- Drive high-impact cross-functional initiatives such as pricing strategy, strategic investments and geographic expansion.
- Leverage your business background to design and implement strong systems, processes and company rituals that will drive performance and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Drive annual and quarterly business and OKR planning cycles with the leadership team to ensure Apollo is focusing and actioning on the most important near-term and long-term priorities.
- Partner with the leadership team to define and iterate upon Apollo’s vision, mission and product strategy and conduct the requisite market, product and competitive analysis for these critical initiatives.
- 4+ years of experience in highly strategic, operational, and analytical environments e.g. business operations, product management, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity or venture capital.
- Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes.
- Strong analytical skills, including fluency with Microsoft Excel and BI tools like Looker, Tableau, and/or Amplitude. Knowledge of SQL is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience in efficient and rigorous analysis, research and insight generation, and building hypotheses and an action plan.
- Proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with teammates from a variety of backgrounds, geographies and disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!