At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
As a member of the Marketing team, the Senior Copywriter is integral in defining how we sound and communicate in the market by leading the narrative that elevates the Firstup brand. The ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail—someone who can conceptualize big ideas for projects of any size and can execute across any channel, even the tiny ones.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops clear, concise, and on-brand copy for internal and external channels across Firstup.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads copy for internal and external marketing materials, including but not limited to websites, microsites, product datasheets, case studies, events and scripts for a range of product videos.
- Partners cross-functionally inside and outside of marketing to produce accurate and compelling content.
- Collaborates and works closely with Design, Content, Product Marketing, and Solution leaders to ensure consistency across the business.
- Learns the Firstup platform and develops an advanced understanding of the problems it solves for our target audiences with HR, Communications, and IT Departments.
- Distills complicated platform features and solutions into simple and clear messages for our target audience and the Firstup brand.
- Proficiently develops long-form and short-form content across a variety of work streams and campaigns.Ensures all content across the organization meets established corporate style and brand voice.
- Develops best practices for all branded content.
- Gift for capturing the brand voice and crafting headlines with a great hook for a B2B audience.
Required Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Six or more years of professional writing experience, including experience editing the work of others. Samples required.
- Prior experience in script writing, script cutdowns, and website writing.
- Experience writing for a B2B enterprise SaaS solution.
- Passion for employee experience and the future of work technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to write for a range of different audiences.
- Is a conceptual and strategic thinker, with the ability to balance innovation with business objectives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present work and ideas persuasively, interview diverse stakeholders, and present Marketing in the best light.
- Understanding of contemporary digital marketing practices and the role that content plays in marketing communications, demand generation, sales enablement, branding, and PR.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining the highest standards of content quality.
- Team player capable of both giving and receiving constructive feedback on all relevant aspects of work and work processes.
- Autonomy to meet deadlines, juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and to pivot rapidly if a narrative shifts
Firstup expects the base salary for this role to be between $75,000-$125,000. The starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.