Do you have more to offer than the average sales engineer? Can you learn quickly, think critically and pivot twice before breakfast? Do your hobbies include tinkering with new security tools, scripting in Python, and data parsing? Do you have an interest in cyber security and have a desire to work with cutting edge technologies? If so, you’d be an excellent fit as a Sales Engineer on our sales team, as a key teammate who demonstrates and enables customers to evaluate the Swimlane platform.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with your sales counterpart to build pipeline and drive sales to closure. Activities will include but are not limited to, in person/remote customer meetings, discovery sessions, product demos/POCs, RFP responses, integrating product API’s via Python scripts, and supporting local events in your region.
Additionally, in this Sales Engineer position, you will:
- Deploy and configure the Swimlane platform during evaluations
- Provide technical demos of the Swimlane platform
- Develop and implement new SOC/IR playbooks
- Develop new integrations leveraging Python during Proof of Value (POV) engagements with prospects
- Support customer success initiatives to drive renewals
- Assist in Swimlane architecture design for non-standard deployments (ie, HA, DR, etc)
To be successful as a Sales Engineer, you will have:
- A solid background in Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response (IR) processes and procedures
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A strong understanding of modern cyber security technologies and methodologies, which will include deploying and integrating these platforms, consulting on best practices for SOC/IR functions, and developing and implementing automation and orchestration capabilities
To be considered for this Sales Engineer role, you will have/be:
- Experience coding in Python
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Engineering at a security vendor, SOC/IR experience, or a combination of the two
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Hands-on experience with the following types of technologies: SIEM, Next Gen Firewalls, Threat Intelligence Platforms, Malware Sandboxing
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable verbally, in writing, and in network diagrams/illustrations
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swimlane, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Who we are, and what we offer:
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup that provides cloud-scale, low-code security automation for organizations of all industries and sizes. Our technology is relied upon by major security-forward companies around the globe and we are consistently rated as the #1 trusted low-code security automation platform. Our mission is to prevent breaches and enable continuous compliance via a low-code security automation platform that serves as the system of record for the entire security organization.
What’s the best thing about working at Swimlane? If you ask the team, they'll tell you it's the people. Swimlaners are innovative, collaborative and driven by the purpose of revolutionizing the way security teams automate and respond to alerts. Headquartered in beautiful Louisville, Colorado, directly between Denver and Boulder, Swimlane's staff spans 28 states and 16 countries!
The Perks of being a Swimlaner:
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation
- Equity & 401k Contributions
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Laptop of your choice
- A hybrid work environment with remote options and flexible hours
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Great Company Culture
- We value collaboration and innovation
- Give-back Volunteering Opportunities
- Team volunteer days in the local community
Here at Swimlane, our core focus is to Automate the World of Security and we strive to represent our five core values in everything we do:
- Punch above your weight class - We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator - The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we’re excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up - We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW - We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in ‘all the things’ - We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
The hiring range for this position is proposed at $140,000 to $160,000. In addition, this position is eligible for variable compensation. Final compensation will be determined based on the candidate's skills, experience, location, among other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
While this is a remote opportunity, our desired candidate will be located in the Northeast US region.