This is a remote contract or permanent position for those based in the UK or Ireland.
If you’re an experienced technical team leader, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience leading technology teams (Software Dev, DevOps/Cloud) who is still hands-on, to translate client project requirements into what the team produces, then lead the collaboration of the team to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
At NearForm we modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe.
You are involved in all aspects of Delivery, Support and Deployment, working directly with NearForm’s clients on a variety of projects. You help our clients translate their business and technical requirements into software applications.
You will work in high performing software teams who are distributed across different locations and at times when you will work in teams alongside the clients development teams. Our Leads are outcome driven, and deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
As part of this you will:
- Provide technical and line-management leadership to your development team
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
- Identify and resolve blockers before they become issues
- Work directly with clients, translating requirements into technical briefs
- Shape and define architectural decisions
- Provide reports to client and NearForm leadership to ensure clear understanding of project status and drive good decision-making
This is a hands on role, so you need to have a background in development that may include some of the following:
- React Native development
- DevOps, including Architecture to Infrastructure development, CI and Tooling
- Cloud architecture, administration and Systems Integration
- Experience working directly with customers and users
- Experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience developing high quality software
- Deep understanding of agile ways of working
- Deep understanding of test-driven development and testing best practices
- Deep understanding of best practices and design patterns
- Deep understanding of open source technologies and tools
- Deep understanding of version control tools, GIT in particular
- Understanding of cloud technologies
- Understanding of operational concerns (such as monitoring, performance testing, security considerations, accessibility, GDPR)
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Drive to deliver outcomes for our customers
- Empathy and people skills
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
- A Video Interview with someone from the recruitment team (45 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position.
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A panel interview with 2 or 3 of NearForm’s Technical Directors (1hr approx.), this interview will focus on your technical leadership experience and what it’s like to work at NearForm as a Delivery Architect.
There may also be an additional interview with the client depending on the project; this is quite rare and is normally a short 30 min call. We also conduct background checks for anyone who joins NearForm.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” 💡).
If you don’t have a CV to hand, would like to express an interest to work with us in the future by joining our Talent Network, or have any questions about the role or life as a NearFormer then please get in touch on email@example.com.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.