Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for experienced data scientists to work with our core product teams, who will take ownership of the team’s data projects and serve as a strategic partner to Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and Marketing.
Teams we're hiring for:
FigJam: this is Figma’s newest standalone product offering, and it’s one of the company priorities this year. FigJam is an online whiteboard for teams to ideate and brainstorm together. The ideal candidate for this team will have exceptional problem solving and storytelling ability, a strong sense of ownership, excellent stakeholder management, and a track record of using data to influence product teams and help them achieve their goals.
Figma Editor: this team works on the heart and soul of our core product and has set a new standard for what’s possible on the web. Our users spend hours in the Editor each day brainstorming, iterating on designs, crafting prototypes, and getting feedback at all stages of the creative process. The ideal data science partner for this team will possess a high degree of creativity and incredible product intuition, allowing them to dive deep into our product to bring clarity around the experience of our most advanced users.
Extensibility: At Figma, we believe that extensibility is critical for unlocking the potential of our creator community. The Extensibility team works on the integrations and developer features that fuel our dynamic resource library. Data scientists in this area are responsible for driving analysis and research into what motivates our creator communities and running experiments to improve the discovery of these resources for our general user base. An ideal data scientist for this area enjoys digging into the technical details of our products, understands creator <> consumer dynamics, and is excited about partnering with both internal and external partners.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leverage various data science methods such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and causal inference to understand user behavior and optimize the product experience
- Design and evaluate experiments to measure improvements to UI and algorithms
- Generate ideas to creatively leverage data for shaping future product roadmaps
- Drive democratization of data through creation of new datasets and tooling
- Design and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Fluency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in distributed data processing systems (Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge around statistical methods and experiment design, including A/B testing, sequential testing, synthetic control, cluster-randomized testing
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Read more about our team:
- From experiment to launch
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Measuring the value of design systems
- Figma’s Series D: The Decade of Design
- Figma's engineering values
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.