We are seeking an Account Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
You will be the focal point for Uplight engagement with utility clients, responsible for account planning and strategy, customer relationship development and management, delivery against contract and business outcomes, and customer satisfaction and churn. You will lead and contribute to cross-functional teamwork to deliver results, improve how we work, and drive decarbonization outcomes and the advancement of the clean energy economy. You have experience in the energy industry, software, or customer management; have strong communication skills, and are passionate about working closely with customers.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Be the expert in your account's strategy, business, market, and goals.
- In partnership with leadership, define and deliver on account strategy and plan.
- Accountable for delivering against contract and business outcomes and managing internal and external tracking and progress against contract metrics.
- Lead customers toward realizing business value through Uplight's solutions.
- Accountable for churn and customer satisfaction metrics for your customers in alignment with Uplight's strategy.
- Manage customer expectations and scope for contracts, managing scope discussions and changes with customers in alignment with Uplight's strategy.
- Build strong relationships with customers from individual contributor to senior levels.
- Manage the customer's interface with Uplight, appropriately prioritizing and funneling the work to insert into the business in alignment with Uplight's strategy and plan.
- Participate in cross-functional teamwork across multiple groups to deliver against our contractual commitments and effectively manage our customers.
- Participate in improvement efforts to reduce churn, improve CSAT, and manage cost-of-delivery for our customers in line with our financial plan.
- Specific product knowledge and expertise for the solutions for your customers.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in Project Management, Account Management or Customer Success, preferably at a SaaS or enterprise software company.
- Strong customer orientation and presence in front of senior management.
- Expertise developing and maintaining key relationships across an organization, from the senior level and deeper.
- Experience working on large, complex IT or similar technology projects requiring attention to detail, planning, and multi-channel communication requirements.
- Attention to detail and ability to internalize and communicate a wide array of information.
- Experience working across departments and colleague personas to drive cross-functional work streams to completion.
- Independent thinker who proactively identifies issues, interdependencies, and solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Preferably SaaS business model experience.
- Preferably Energy or utility industry experience.
- Passion for energy, its impact on our customers, their customers, and the world.
- Values alignment.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range $75,000-$90,000 USD
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.