Asana’s API gives external developers the power and flexibility to extend Asana's functionality in creative ways that Asana doesn't yet provide. In turn, this rich ecosystem of apps, integrations, and scripts helps us ensure that Asana can support every customer use case out there – no matter how big or small the team, and no matter which tools or workflows they use.
The API team at Asana builds the Developer Platform that makes this possible; we own the gateway that facilitates data flow in and out of Asana. We also aim to make the experience of building on top of our platform delightful by giving developers tools to make it easy to build, test, and debug their apps.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us make our Developer Platform come to life. You’ll use your engineering experience to design interfaces that are intuitive and secure to use, partner with internal teams expanding upon our API, and work with our Product and Design teams to identify and improve the holistic experience for external developers. If you care deeply about building effective interfaces and experiences for other developers, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll achieve
- Own and shape the guidelines for what good API design looks like, partnering with product engineering teams to help them implement those best practices in a self-serve manner
- Build systems and frameworks that scale to meet the needs of our largest customers, providing capabilities that unlock enormous business value and enabling teams across the world to work together effortlessly
- Partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and User Research to deeply understand developer needs, and then propose elegant solutions to meet them
- Drive the team to continually better itself, delivering at a high velocity while helping those around you learn and grow
- 5+ years of experience working in large codebases
- 1+ years of building public-facing API products or Developer Platforms
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Deep project management experience including high-level timeline planning, risk mitigation, stakeholder management, and coordinating the work of your teammates
- Learn quickly and are comfortable regularly transitioning between different areas of a large codebase
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings the aspects of themselves to the workplace that they need to thrive
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $171,000 - $258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.