Mactores is a trusted leader among businesses in providing modern data platform solutions. Since 2008, Mactores have been enabling businesses to accelerate their value through automation by providing End-to-End Data Solutions that are automated, agile, and secure. We collaborate with customers to strategize, navigate, and accelerate an ideal path forward with a digital transformation via assessments, migration, or modernization.
As AWS Data Engineer, you are a full-stack data engineer that loves solving business problems. You work with business leads, analysts, and data scientists to understand the business domain and engage with fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision-making. You are passionate about the data quality of our business metrics and the flexibility of your solution that scales to respond to broader business questions.
If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid "corporate" culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world-class team while still being yourself.
What you will do?
- Write efficient code in - PySpark, Amazon Glue
- Write SQL Queries in - Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift
- Explore new technologies and learn new techniques to solve business problems creatively
- Collaborate with many teams - engineering and business, to build better data products and services
- Deliver the projects along with the team collaboratively and manage updates to customers on time
What are we looking for?
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Apache Spark, PySpark, Amazon Glue
- 2+ years of experience in writing ETL jobs using pySpark, and SparkSQL
- 2+ years of experience in SQL queries and stored procedures
- Have a deep understanding of all the Dataframe API with all the transformation functions supported by Spark 2.7+
You will be preferred if you have
- Prior experience in working on AWS EMR, Apache Airflow
- Certifications AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty OR Cloudera Certified Big Data Engineer OR Hortonworks Certified Big Data Engineer
- Understanding of DataOps Engineering
Our success comes from our pragmatic approach to problem-solving, resolving cross-functional dependencies, and delivering high-value business outcomes.
Mactores hiring process entails three rounds, which are as follows:
Pre-employment Test: You will receive a system-generated email to take the pre-employment tests as necessary.
Hiring Manager Interview Round: In this round, the Mactores hiring manager may conduct multiple interviews. The number of interviews depends on each position. The interview will be between 30 mins to 1 hour to discuss your technical abilities, hands-on experience, leadership skills, and communication skills.
HR Round: 30 mins round to discuss the offer and next steps
Mactores provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training, and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.