Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses.
About the Role
As a Director, Solutions Consulting, you’ll be focused on building & retaining talent within the global solutions consulting team. You’ll facilitate your team’s growth through leading by example, providing player-coach opportunities for your team to learn from your own abilities, helping qualify and close opportunities in partnership with our Sales teams. In addition, you will coach the team on their approach to providing technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations in support of our global, revenue objectives.
Your team will be equipped to lead the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing. We are passionate about putting customers first.
You’ll be an integral part of the Sales leadership team reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, working with both Pre and Post-Sales and build relationships across other departments to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers. Through these partnerships, you’ll build a best in class approach to solution consulting at Drift to support our current costumers and growth targets.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What will you do in this role:
- Hire and retain top talent for the global solutions consulting team
- Facilitate your teams career growth through active feedback and coaching
- Build processes to optimize the larger SC organization
- Actively partner with prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape championing the utilization of Drift’s platform.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
- Be a great leader by showing your team best-in-class individual contributor skills:
- Full command our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience
- Passionate about customers extracting the most value out of Drift by sharing best practices for usage and adoption
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Prior demonstrated leadership building and scaling a high performing global solution consulting organization
- You are comfortable working cross functionally bringing your depth of experience to Drift, contributing broadly to success of the company while you build and achieve success in your direct team.
- You have a strong desire to lead by example and coach SCs to achieve their full potential
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity for process creation & team growth
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Hubspot
- You are able accurately and consistently report on to the CRO and executive leadership on forecasts, performance metrics and utilization of resources in the solution consulting function.
- You are willing and able to both give and receive constructive feedback
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive.
- You are comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You are detail-oriented, organized and data driven leader.
- Must be able to travel regularly to support customer, prospects and team needs
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our Founder.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com. #LI-Remote
In service of various states’ wage disclosure laws: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $170K to $205K for US candidates. Through a review of equity with other team members, market data, experience, knowledge, skills and the abilities of the applicant, the level and salary ranges may change. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at a percentage of the base salary.