Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with US offices located in San Francisco and Denver and over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat, you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
This role is on the Strava Communications & Personalization Team, a team with a diverse skill set that works together on the infrastructure, libraries, and tools that handle mobile notifications, emails, and personalization/targeting capabilities. We send over 20 million transactional emails a week and roughly 100 million notifications a week through the platform and infrastructure that this team maintains.
Our systems are used by all engineers at Strava to create touch points with athletes in various stages of their feature lifecycle. Engineers on this team work on a very wide variety of projects and technologies; recent projects have ranged from re-architecting and upgrading our notification infrastructure to building a pacing system for targeting in-app promotions to users.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Server Engineer for our Communications & Personalization team! This person will be joining a small, decisive team that will design, prototype, and implement the infrastructure for Strava to improve our messaging and targeting capabilities continually.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Defining the future of the communications platform on Strava.
- Provide technical leadership on the team.
- Have an opportunity to see the direct business impact of your work on the growth of Strava.
- Build the framework to enable our team to curate a cohesive and relevant messaging strategy for our strivers.
- Manage a large data pipeline to support our ability to target and personalize our communications for strivers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to support our mission to provide athletes with timely, relevant, and exciting messages.
- Partner with an Engineering Manager to define the technical vision for a team and implement that vision.
You will be successful here by:
- Putting thought into how to scale our communications systems that touch millions of athletes every day
- Prioritizing incoming requests from cross-functional partners and understanding how different requests align with business priorities
- Mentoring other engineers and providing technical leadership to the team through forums like tech talks.
- Creating a phenomenal developer experience for server engineers by ensuring our tools are effective, efficient, and easy to use
We’re excited about you because:
- Have developed scalable and performant core build infrastructure that supports many teams
- Have experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Building services in a production environment (using languages like, but not limited to, Ruby, Java, Scala, Go, Python, etc.
- Integrating with third-party APIs and SDKs
- Using AWS (or alternative) to lead cloud-based infrastructure.
- Working with relational or NoSQL databases in Production (we use MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra).
- Open source distributed systems technologies. We use Kafka, ZooKeeper, Finagle, Storm, Spark, Elasticsearch, Mesos, and Docker.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice