Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee, whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, or Depop, you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
Etsy is looking for an Enforcement Specialist to be part of a dedicated Marketplace Standards Team on Trust and Safety.
This is a full-time position, working 5 days a week with a fixed schedule requiring 1 weekend day (Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday), and reporting to the Team Lead, Marketplace Standards. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- Etsy’s Marketplace Standards is a team of experts responsible for enforcing user generated content policies by removing content violating our Handmade and Prohibited Items Policies.
- We collaborate with Etsy’s Policy to build specialist review guidance.
- We support in building a trusted brand by allowing our seller’s unique items to be uplifted.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Well versed in application of Etsy policies and protocols in enforcement across listings, shops and entities
- Responsible for the timely review of core enforcement workflows within SLA (eg, P0 flags, T1 vetting campaigns, seller appeals)
- Responsible for the review of complex Admin-only high priority/high severity workflows (ROS, shop-level reviews, bulk takedowns)
- Responsible for supporting critical external escalations in review and actioning of violative listings and Shops, and communicating updates to Team Lead and/or Incident Commander
- Responsible for identifying abuse trends and patterns in core enforcement workflows and raising to Team Lead
- Non core work- Quality Assurance, Documentation, RTT, Communication, Training, Appeals
- Consistently demonstrating all 5 IC2 competencies
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- At least 2 years of experience in online policy enforcement operations and risk assessment in the peer-to-peer e-commerce world. (Bonus if you have experience working within Zendesk Ticketing System)
- Keen pattern-mapping sensibilities to predict risky account behavior.
- A high level of web savvy with tried internet research skills.
- Ability to adapt and navigate gray-area problem solving and unknowns.
- Ambition and discernment to solve nuanced problems and make wise decisions grounded in data and logic.
- Understanding of complex technical concepts and can communicate about them (verbally and written) to non-technical audiences.
- A positive outlook, high self-awareness, desire for varied perspectives and the ability to work as well in a team as alone.
- Consistently meet 100% productivity expectations based on the efficiency monthly model
- Achieve 90% or higher on monthly QA
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.