As a VP, Product Management, you'll play a pivotal leadership role on our high-performing cross-functional teams. You’ll bring your extensive leadership experience to advise critical objectives, address challenges, and drive organizational efficiencies. With your strategic thinking and consumer product expertise, you'll tackle our most complex and ambiguous product challenges, exercising a high level of product discretion while nurturing collaborative relationships and accelerating delivery.
As a hands-on leader, you'll operate strategically and tactically, guiding and supporting teams while taking direct responsibility for product components. You’ll work to deeply understand our market and users, collaborating with engineers, designers, and other functions end-to-end to ensure that we develop innovative products with great user experiences that meet the diverse needs of our users worldwide. In addition, you'll play a critical role in defining and maintaining a high-quality standard and will help us build practices that support continuous improvement.
Join us as VP, Product Management and become an invaluable part of a team that highly values your expertise. You'll find meaningful challenges that offer personal and professional growth opportunities, enabling you to make a significant impact.
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- Your ability to advise and take direct responsibility for high-impact and complex workstreams and product areas while cultivating a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Your skills to navigate ambiguous problems, propose innovative solutions, and execute them, ensuring measurable success.
- Over 15 years of experience in Product, including significant leadership expertise, inclusive of experience on an executive team.
- A wealth of people management experience, nurturing and empowering individuals to achieve their full potential.
- A track record of working on successful consumer products with a user base of 1M+, demonstrating your ability to create products that resonate with a wide audience.
- Experience in launching new products to market, maintaining and growing mature products, and demonstrating adaptability and longevity in the product lifecycle.
- Expertise in identifying and leading opportunities to enhance how an organization makes product decisions, particularly within companies of a similar scale to DuckDuckGo, while promoting a diverse and inclusive decision-making culture.
- Proven experience in developing other product leaders and product teams through mentorship, guidance, and inclusive hiring practices.
- Experience as a critical contributor to strategic decisions surrounding product prioritization and the ability to draw from a deep understanding of market trends and user insights.
- Extensive experience in running product experiments, leveraging data to drive informed decisions, and iterating on product offerings.
- The ability to operate both strategically and tactically, seamlessly navigating between big-picture thinking and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, enabling you to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders and foster understanding and collaboration.
- A strong inclination towards data-driven decision-making, using metrics and insights to drive product direction and innovation.
How We Will Support You
Our core values -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We've always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, and whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. For team members in designated leadership roles, we offer reimbursement for leadership coaching services. The reimbursement amount varies by professional level. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
We also offer paid parental leave, a co-working stipend, office setup reimbursement, and a wellness stipend. More support resources can be found in our Team Member Support Guide, which explains how we make your well-being a priority.
For more information on how we collaborate worldwide, from leadership in our relatively flat organization to start-to-finish ownership, check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work.
Annual compensation: $280,000 USD and stock options. Compensation is the same within a professional level, regardless of geographic location or functional area, and the compensation for each professional level is transparent across the organization.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants, and it prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, caste, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by our policies or federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each around 4-5 days). While extenuating circumstances may impact attendance, everyone is strongly encouraged to attend.
- While we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average full-time commitment of 40 hours per week.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work.