Invisible Technologies helps fast-growing companies scale efficiently by offering them Operations-as-a-Service: a synthesis of automation, human specialization, and strategic consulting.
We start at the goal level, getting deep into our clients’ businesses and the problems that they’re facing. We break down their goals & problems into processes that we can run for them. These processes are broken down into automated and human-run steps. We believe that anything that can be automated, should be automated. But that there will always need to be a human-in-the-loop to run the best operation.
Our team is made up of 75+ strategic team members who own equity in the company (our “Partners”) as well as 1600+ team members who are running our service and core company functions (our “Agents” & “Specialists”).
We believe that…
- Our Mission is to unlock the creative potential of people and companies; we are the engine that powers innovation.
- Our Clients are pioneers of innovation; in industries ranging from AI to insurance to solar, many of our clients are well-known and on the cutting edge of technology and strategy.
- Ownership is our guiding value; every partner on the team is the “CEO” of their area - each of us are empowered to jump in and solve the problems in front of us.
- Meritocracy creates alignment; the value someone produces should be reflected back in the position of responsibility and compensation that they receive.
- Transparency is vital for us to run an entirely remote organization; what one of us knows, all of us should know.
As a Senior Software Engineer your job is to write quality code, act with strong ownership, execute on and add to the vision of the engineering team, working with product and wider stakeholders. You will be working on developing Process Builder — our proprietary platform that orchestrates work across an automation engine and a labor marketplace.
Every engineer should be constantly learning and growing. As an experienced engineer, you should be eager to learn and grow every day. We expect you to raise the bar for performance on the engineering team.
Our team currently consists of 7 partner engineers and a dozen more agents and interns. The team will double in the coming year — you have an opportunity to mentor and lead.
The first principle of execution is reliable delivery — you honor your commitments. You should set clear expectations for your deliverables and drive through to success. The formula for success? Say what you’re going to do, do it, and then let everyone know that it’s done.
The second principle of execution is intelligent prioritization. Your job is to put the puzzle pieces together in a sensible, expedient way. We’re not just building a product or a platform. We’re building a company.
We are always striving to build the right thing. You are a key partner for Product, and you’re a critical stakeholder because you know what can be built and what will work. You will focus your energy on one of our core products and act as an owner.
The ideal candidate has learned from experience that technical decisions have far-reaching consequences. As an experienced professional engineer, you are always mindful to avoid technical debt and waste.
Senior Software Engineers are Architects and Leaders
Senior Software engineers at Invisible are able to follow multiple paths. Some are technical leads of teams and are responsible for people management of those teams. They oversee the technical vision for their area and ensure that there is proper mentorship
Others lead through technical initiatives. These engineers oversee broad multi-team technical initiatives and own parts of our software stack. (ex. Senior engineers might research and roll out new technical frameworks or might develop a new generation of our UI component.
Whether you're leading people or leading new tech rollouts you'll have a broad team-wide impact.
Our platform is TypeScript from top to bottom.
We believe that a monorepo with micro frontends is the best approach for us. We’re avid users of NextJS, React, Prisma, Postgres, NX Workspaces, Kubernetes , and tRPC.
We’re always eager to learn and grow and try new technologies.
- Significant experience developing applications in team environments.
- Able to work well with Product Managers to develop technical specifications for large projects with complex scope
- Able to research and synthesize new technologies (frameworks, libraries, techniques) and explain and evangelize them to more junior engineers.
- Experience using React for front-end development. (We use React, Next.js and Prisma)
- Backend language experience including Node, Python (Flask/Django/etc.), Ruby on Rails, Symphony, etc.
- Strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Working Times: US (EST or PST) Hours
- 2023: $105,000 annual base + $35k annual bonus potential + generous equity!
- Additional opportunities to earn more equity and increase your ownership percentage of the company, through promotions and through re-distribution of re-acquired shares via buybacks.
- Healthcare Benefits (or Stipend Option)
- Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days
- Work Remotely