Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 20,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 250m contacts and 60 million business accounts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale. We're also ranked #1 in Satisfaction on G2 Crowd for Sales Intelligence & Sales Engagement and are used by 1M professionals worldwide.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022 to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & Mission
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will have the critical leadership role of enabling excellence, productivity, and growth within Apollo's engineering organization. You crave the opportunity for hands-on mentorship, and to accelerate not only your career, but for those of your team as well. Your responsibility would come in several forms, including but not limited to:
- Help the team define, set, and adhere to goals and expectations
- Drive a culture around excellence, learning, and fun
- Critically observe and improve development and management processes within Apollo engineering
- Work closely with key stakeholders such as the CTO, Product Managers, and Designers to deliver high quality software at a rapid pace for an ever-increasing user base
- Change, and be a part of key decision-making processes within the engineering organization
Our Tech Stack
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NextJS on the front end, Ruby/Python/MongoDB/Elasticsearch/Redis on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Terraform for infrastructure.
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
- Participation in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and occasionally code reviews
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by sourcing and hiring candidates
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touch points with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Work with engineers to develop and execute on personalized goals
- Conduct objective and helpful quarterly performance reviews for engineers
- You love scaling up through well-written documents and well-defined processes. As a remote first company, documentation is critical to our hyper-growth and success.
- You are compassionate, put people first as a mentor, and are tactful with both accepting and delivering criticism to others.
- You have the leadership skills to think and execute strategically but are not afraid to get your hands dirty when needed.
- Your technical understanding of engineering systems, especially related to data, is second to none.
- You can relate to and admire Apollo’s values of Ownership, Integrity, Curiosity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Fun
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering industry experience. You will be leading a team of multiple senior and staff level engineers so you need to be technically very strong.
- 5+ years' experience in people management role, or as a Software Engineering Manager.
- Proven track record of technical leadership. Strong fundamentals in software architecture at scale, effective engineering processes, and cross-team function.
- Experience with Ruby (required) and Python (optional) programming.
- Understanding of data privacy and security fundamentals.
Great to have
- Familiarity with React, MongoDB, SQL, data warehousing, and ElasticSearch.
- Experience with data platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, Airflow, Looker, etc.).
- Experience with Web scraping.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!