At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen!
Olo is seeking an experienced Senior Tax Manager to help develop and lead our tax function. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will establish the quarterly tax provision process and ensure compliance with sales tax and business filings.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with external Tax Service providers, develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal, state, and foreign taxes.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business-related filings (i.e., sales tax).
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Responsible for federal and state registrations via our third party, CSC.
- If/when applicable, implement the transfer price study's recommendations while updating the report on an annual basis.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Plan for and develop the return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the external tax team.
- Research tax issues, consult with partners on different tax-related matters, and prepare memorandum for presentation to the executive team.
- Maintain control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Provide support with multiple internal audits and special tax-related projects.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team, and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Review annual and quarterly tax provision items.
- Assist with employee tax and equity tax matters.
What We'll Expect From You
- 6+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Current CPA license and a bachelor's degree in an accounting discipline
- Corporate tax knowledge.
- Knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Prior experience working with internal stakeholders to communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $125k-145k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.