As our Sr. UX / UI Designer, you will help lead the design and development of GMR’s internal applications. To thrive in this position, we need someone who is motivated in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication and has a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies. If you are the type of person who excels at providing both highly analytical and highly creative ideas to design engagement, this is the role for you!
Beyond the design work that is crucial to this role, at times you may contribute to tasks and work being performed with the Business Analyst team. This may include requirements gathering, agile story creation (Jira), facilitating / leading end-user and team meetings, testing / acceptance criteria, and gaining in depth knowledge of GMR’s complex business application systems.
This role is a member of GMR’s IT Business Solutions team; a group of software engineers, business systems analysts, and business intelligence professionals with a variety of passions and backgrounds.
ABOUT GMR MARKETING
We are the Experience Agency Making Unforgettable Stories Born of Humanity
NOT JUST EXPERIENTIAL. EXPERIENCE.
The lines have blurred. People live in the physical, digital, and social worlds all at once, and your brand experiences should do the same.
NOT JUST TELLING. MAKING.
The best stories are lived, not heard. Make an immersive world for people to explore so they can experience something they’ll never forget.
NOT JUST CONSUMERS. HUMANS.
It all starts with the human. If you want to make a lasting impact, look beyond the wallet to understand what motivates and inspires people.
- Technical Skills. You’ll need to utilize your UX / UI design skills to develop GMR’s internal applications, to do so, you’ll need user design experience for software, web applications, emergent technologies, and/or mobile. To jump right into this role, you’ll need experience in developing scenarios, use cases, and flow diagrams; concepting and wireframing UI designs; understanding design tools including Figma; and it’s a plus if you have experience with content management system (CMS) tools like WordPress or Umbraco, coding in HTML and CSS, working in Git, working in JIRA, and ReactJS, Node.js or other comparable web technologies.
- Passion. You are proud of our internal applications abilities and advocate for the best user experience throughout the creative and development process. To do so, you lead the design of business solutions and ability to incorporate user feedback in system updates. Your passion will bring the best solution when considering the users experiences and the business needs.
- Ownership. You are seen as the go-to and deep subject matter expert and an integral piece to project success and impactful results; the job can’t get done without you. While there is collaboration with our software engineers and business analysts, the functions of this job are often as an individual contributor with advanced technical knowledge, exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Continuous Improvement. You will experience jumping into a project initiative, or business area that is unfamiliar to you and learning / becoming knowledgeable for facilitating and implementing solutions that solve the business needs. No two projects or weeks will be the same in this role which can be exciting for the right candidate who thrives off always learning something new.
- Communication. As the person spearheading major UI and UX redesigns, you will be planning and conducting user research, including usability tests and user interviews. You would be communicating the business requirements to developers or vendors and verifying that the design meets user requirements. You would also be presenting your work to non-technical audiences. Not only does this involves precise, collaborative, and friendly communication, but also a high attention to detail in both written and verbal communication.
OUR DEI MANIFESTO
We seek a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives so we can create memories that matter for everyone.
We strive for equity by meeting people where they are, eliminating barriers, and building on their unique talents so we can maximize everyone’s contribution. We seek to recognize, grow, and unleash the perspective and possibility of everyone on our team.
Together, we’re on a powerful journey. Our guiding principles can be found here.