Cloud cost management is one of the biggest challenges organizations face today. As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, so do the complexities and costs associated with it — and macroeconomic conditions only increase pressure to prove cloud efficiency. That’s why we built CloudZero: a SaaS platform at the intersection of next-generation cloud cost management and FinOps. CloudZero ingests billing and usage data from all cloud, SaaS, and PaaS providers, organizes it in real time according to our customers’ business structures, lets customers view it at any level of time or resource granularity, and ultimately empowers them to make more informed business decisions.
Since our founding in 2016, our mission has been to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization. At CloudZero, we believe every engineering decision is a buying decision, yet the cost conversation often bypasses the engineers who drive those determinations. To solve this, we’ve built a dynamic, single-page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions every cloud-based organization needs to ask if they want to grow their company profitably.
To date, we’ve raised over $52 million from leading venture capital firms across the country. We’re solving problems of massive scale, business importance, and complexity in a space that needs it more than ever. We’re growing rapidly and would love for you to be a part of it!
As we continue to grow quickly, we’re looking to add a talented and experienced principal software engineer to a new product development team we are building out. This new team will ensure that the CloudZero platform is the leader in quickly bringing in cost and customer data. This team will become experts on how our customers use third-party SaaS and PaaS tools and build features on our platform to make it easy to bring their usage data in and combine it with our differentiated cost data model.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems for our cloud platform
- Build features that can scale as we bring in customers with large and complex datasets
- Write readable code that is easy to test, maintain, and extend
- Participate in product discovery sessions to research and deeply understand real user problems, landing on the best way to solve them and decomposing the work for the team
- Actively mentor and set an example as a leader, to expand the capabilities your team members
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and product designers on your team to build features that solve real customer problems
- Help improve our engineering processes to ensure we have a team that can move fast and iterate quickly, giving everyone agency, ownership, and the ability to impact the broader success of the company
- You have a passion for building and delivering high-quality software, and 12+ years of experience building APIs and complex backend systems in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- You have a proven track record of making company-wide impacts - our principal level engineers are expected to be leaders and influencers across the entire company
- You are proud of your track record and enjoy developing engineering talent through mentorship and leadership
- You are proficient in Python, our backend language of choice
- You have worked at early or growth stage SaaS startups and know how to be successful in those fast-paced environments
- You have experience managing and manipulating data at scale
- You are passionate about design patterns and can pragmatically apply theory into practice when architecting systems and code
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, synthesizing feedback and research into a well polished product for the end user
- You are comfortable working 9-5 Eastern time - we have a fair amount of flexibility for people to get their work done whenever works for them, but our core hours are in the Eastern time zone
- You have strong communication skills and are personable, approachable, professional, and inclusive
**Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We cannot sponsor or take over the sponsorship of an Employment Visa.**
Equal Opportunity Employer
CloudZero is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. All job offers are contingent upon the candidate passing background and reference checks.