Zepz works with 200+ (and a constantly increasing number of) payment partners globally to help us facilitate an excellent cross-border money transfer service. This is a fundamental aspect of our business. A key aspect of what the Payments team focuses on is helping to onboard and integrate new partners; and very importantly, identify and solve any customer issues / friction points in a scalable way.
Reporting to Zepz’s Director of Payment Operations (Performance), you will be responsible for managing relationships with Zepz’s payout partner network (technical service providers, aggregators, banks, mobile network operators), problem-solving on payout performance issues and supporting the company in achieving an excellent transaction experience for our users.
Your key areas of focus:
- Manage relationships with Zepz’s payout partner network (technical service providers, aggregators, banks, mobile network operators).
- Support cross-functional teams across Zepz in resolving transaction-related issues. The teams you will interface with include Growth, Business Development, Customer Care, Product and Engineering.
- Identify, investigate and problem-solve internally and externally on the most important payout performance issues, such as slow transaction delivery speeds, high transaction cancellation rates and disabled services.
What you bring to the table:
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in Finance / Fintech / Payments.
- You have experience performing regular data analysis and presenting your findings in a comprehensive, straightforward manner.
- You have a proven track record of creating and developing automated solutions and processes to improve efficiency.
- You have third-party relationship management experience and a natural ability to build rapport with stakeholders/colleagues.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working style:
- You are comfortable + excited to work asynchronously + independently in a remote team environment. The broader Payments team and Zepz team spans a multitude of time zones, and we are not all online together at the same time. The Director of Payment Operations is based in London, UK.
- You are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage and require little day-to-day direction to be successful.
- You are a world-class prioritizer - you can quickly take a long list of priorities and stack rank them based on what’s most important to do first, and why (using data to back up your prioritization). You are comfortable putting tasks on the back burner, so you can focus on the highest impact work.
- You are comfortable working in ambiguous, fast-paced, and quickly changing contexts.
- You don’t stop asking “why” until you understand the root cause of an issue. You develop solutions from first principles – “what is the best way to do this” rather than defaulting to what has been done before.
- You are results-driven and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done no matter the task.
- You are experienced and have demonstrated success in both making and managing necessary but potentially unpopular or uncomfortable decisions, such as re-orienting how your team has worked in the past or what they have owned in the past.
Bonus points if you:
- Have knowledge of SQL or other programming languages.
- Have experience working in a remote, fast-paced, nimble environment (e.g. startup, remote company).
- Have helped build and/or scale the operations of an organization or product/service.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.