At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are seeking a highly skilled UX Designer to join our team and contribute to the user experience design efforts for our products. You will be leading the design efforts on projects, developing wireframes and prototypes, conducting user research, and working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality designs that meet business objectives.
- Translate user needs and research insights into new products and features, designing the workflows and detailed interactions that bring them to life
- Take a data-informed design approach, leveraging inputs like user research and usage data to inform design direction
- Communicate design ideas using a variety of formats - use system diagrams, loose sketches, wireframes, and comprehensive prototypes to gather feedback and help the team build confidence in design direction
- Build collaborative relationships with other team members (Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, etc) while proactively sharing work to iterate with feedback from all angles
- Contribute to our cross-platform design system and language with an eye on accessibility - we build products that can scale for a global audience, and are useful and usable to everyone
- Collaborate with other designers to create a singular, cohesive experience across products
- Conduct usability tests to gather feedback from users and iteratively refine the design based on their input
- Keep the user at the forefront of the design process, advocating for their needs and preferences throughout the development lifecycle
- Monitor user feedback and analytics post release in order to identify areas for improvement, making iterative design changes as necessary
- User-centered - You think beyond the pixels on the screen, toward value for the user
- Team mindset - You embrace feedback, proactively seek it out to inform and unblock your own work, and share it with others
- Curious problem-solver - You love the discovery process, and embrace turning loosely defined problems into tangible wireframes and prototypes that deepen our collective understanding of how to solve the problem at hand
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and facilitator - You tell compelling stories that articulate the 'why' of your design work, and you're comfortable working with others to design the "best" solution to a problem
- Proactive doer - You take steps to push projects toward completion, and find ways to make progress amongst ambiguity (absolute must have)
- Measured - You form opinions on what success means for a project, and seek data to understand why your designs succeed or fail in order to iterate and improve
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Design or similar discipline, with at least 3 years of experience designing products and experiences (Saas experience strongly preferred)
- A portfolio that demonstrates passion for user-centered design, and simple solutions to complex, human problems
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.