Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Figma’s Growth team. Growth is the landing party that cares deeply about the new user journey and ensuring new users are set up for success in Figma. Helping to build growth loops, diving deep into data and analysis, generating hypotheses, and experimenting your way to help connect users to value, are things that should get you excited and your creative juices flowing. The challenges on the Growth team should get you excited about uncovering opportunities to address customer needs while ensuring Figma as a business continues to be healthy and growing.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
Some projects you could work on:
- Put yourself in the new user mindset and create effective onboarding experiences
- Run experiments on how to increase adoption of our product suite and upgrade to our paid plans
- Develop hypotheses on what teams need in order to expand and get new editors onto Figma
- Pair with research to uncover hidden opportunities on ease and simplicity of sharing
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- You leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- You are comfortable leading large projects
At Figma, one of our values is “Grow as you go.” We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Our Design Team Process (May 2020)
- Our Design Principles (April 2020)
- Design Critiques at Figma (September 2019)
- How we built the Design Team (December 2018)
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design (April 2020)
- How work is changing at Figma (August 2020)
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam (April 2021)
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion (June 2021)
- Figma Musical (May 2020)
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.