This is a remote permanent position for those based in UK or Ireland.
If you prefer working remotely, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to develop and optimise our clients cloud-based applications/platforms; the ideal candidate will have a modern DevOps mindset, excellent knowledge of the latest DevOps tools & technologies, and extensive experience working in a remote agile environment.
We modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe.
As a DevOps Engineer at NearForm you will work on client projects with a variety of companies ranging from health-tech startups to established multinationals. You will work with your project team to develop infrastructure to support cloud-based applications, create deployment architect and continuous delivery pipelines, design high-availability approaches, and implement monitoring architecture (dashboards, alerts, escalations).
- Significant experience developing solutions at an enterprise level
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration — must include Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code technology (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience managing and automating complex platforms/applications on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with CI and building CD pipelines
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Solid understanding of observability practices across the stack
- Experience with security assessments frameworks (eg. Soc2) and security awareness throughout the stack
- Experience working in a Remote Agile environment
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
- NearFest: We all get together in person at our annual company retreat - for 2019 we chose St Tropez!! (not bad, hey! 😎)
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
- A TalentCall with someone from the recruitment team (30 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position and to discuss life as a NearFormer
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A video call with one of our Hiring Managers (45 mins approx.) which allows us to gain a better insight into what interests you, your technical background, and give you an overview of the work we do at NearForm.
There may also be an additional interview with the client depending on the project; this is quite rare and is normally a short 30 min call. We also conduct background checks for anyone who joins NearForm.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” 💡).
If you don’t have a CV to hand, would like to express an interest to work with us in the future by joining our Talent Network, or have any questions about the role or life as a NearFormer then please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.