With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities worldwide.
Creative & Brand, our in-house creative team, is made up of a talented group of multidisciplinary creatives building work with the marketing org. We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our team to help us in our journey to make Discord the best place for friends to hangout and have fun together.
This role would report directly to the Head of the Creative & Brand team.
What you'll be doing
- Creative Direction: Maintain high-quality standards to ensure marketing strategies meet creative and brand criteria.
- Coach/Player Role: Partner with an Art Director to work on projects as a senior copywriter and manage a creative pod.
- Creative Strategy: Develop a clear strategy and measurement plan with Brand, Product Marketing, Data & insights teams while enabling opportunities for innovative ideas.
- Project Management: Work with the Operations team to efficiently manage multiple projects from conception through completion, ensuring alignment with top company priorities.
- XFN Collaboration: Work closely with Product Marketing Managers, Product Creative, Comms, and other cross-functional teams to understand their needs and provide strategic and creative guidance.
- Creative Production: Collaborate with the Production team to select the best production partners in the industry, allocate resources efficiently, and maximize impact.
- Trends and Technology: Stay up-to-date with cultural trends and emerging technologies to create authentic, innovative content in collaboration with the social team.
- Data-Infused Creativity: Infuse data-driven insights into creative processes, strategies, and concepts.
What you should have
- Proven experience of 12+ years in a creative direction role, preferably in agencies + tech companies.
- A proactive mindset to identify opportunities for innovative ideas that can generate organic reach.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of creative projects across digital and traditional advertising.
- A passion for fostering an environment that encourages growth and development.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A Positive and problem-solving mindset.
- As much love for our Brand as we do.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $179,000 to $195,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!