At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself. We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference. Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
Why we need you
Glowforge is powered by community. We have the best customers, and the experience those customers have with Glowforge is the foundation of our company’s success. As we grow, so does the community of Glowforge owners seeking support, education, and inspiration — and that’s where you come in.
We need your charisma, compassion, and creativity as our Community Manager to help us create meaningful connections with our customers, foster impactful relationships within our community, and empower our users to unlock the full potential of Glowforge. With your expertise as our Community Manager, we can forge an even stronger bond that will shape the future of Glowforge and revolutionize the way our community creates, innovates, and thrives.
Put simply, our success hinges on connection to our community, so our company won’t succeed without you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As Community Manager at Glowforge, you'll be the representative, cheerleader, helper, leader, and voice of the company in community.glowforge.com. in Glowforge-led communities. Your participation will create wildly happy customers and brand advocates by cultivating the vibrant community that sets Glowforge apart.
- Take the helm as the manager, moderator, and #1 participant in Glowforge community spaces.
- Participate in conversations to make them more helpful, welcoming, and constructive.
- Drive strategy and execution for a variety of events in collaboration with Product and Customer Success — from webinars to customer livestreams and more — to foster community growth, engagement and connection.
- Leverage data analytics to meticulously assess the health and vitality of the community and identify areas for improvement and growth
- Use that data to strengthen and improve the relationship between Glowforge and its users.
You need these qualifications:
- You have 2+ years of experience working as a community manager or in a similar customer-facing role.
- You’re a key member, moderator, or leader of at least one online community and have a history of cultivating active and engaged communities in virtual spaces.
- You’re any party host’s secret advantage against shy guests — your talent for drawing out casual lurkers and turning them into enthusiastic participants in any situation is unmatched.
- You possess a magical touch with written communication, orchestrating words that captivate, educate, and rally the masses. Your keyboard is your instrument, and with every stroke, you weave a symphony of ideas and inspiration that leave your audience hanging on your every word.
- You're a curious explorer who embraces challenges with open arms, eager to uncover innovative solutions. You navigate uncharted territory with persistence and creativity, and thrive in transforming obstacles into opportunities.
It would be nice if:
- You've contributed your expertise to a marketing team at a consumer-focused startup
- You have an analytical background and know the difference between Bayesian and Frequentist approaches (and have opinions about them!)
- You find joy in making things — knitting, 3D printing, furniture building, or just about anything
We love cover letters. We read them before the resume. Please tell us about a product that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.