EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. Our customers are real utilities managing the real electrical grid supporting the normal lives of millions of real people. Our mission is to keep the grid running reliably while enabling more renewable energy and reducing reliance on fossil fuel.
The Foundry Team supports this mission by building and maintaining tools for internal users to administer all facets of the DERMs program lifecycle. You will work with stakeholders to design and implement self-service features in our main user portal, building elegant UI’s with React and Typescript, and writing clean, maintainable service code in our Spring Boot microservices.
Additionally, you will leverage your experience and curiosity to help drive technical direction on our team and across the engineering organization, and provide mentorship and oversight for more junior engineers.
- Design and implement software solutions that turn millions of electric vehicles, smart thermostats, batteries, and other energy IoT devices into resources that help create a cleaner and more resilient grid
- Develop APIs and tools that enable hardware manufacturers and third-party enterprise software systems to integrate with our platform
- Develop new ways of connecting our systems to energy markets and the systems that balance the electric grid
- Collaborate with our analytics and machine learning teams to deliver new data insights and optimize our virtual power plants
- Improve the scale, automation, and reliability of our massive pipeline of device telemetry, energy, and weather data
- Introduce and devise tools, techniques, and best practices that benefit the entire team
- React to and resolve novel technical, operational, and organizational challenges
- Contribute to our team culture and inclusive environment
Key Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Strong Java experience (preferably Java 11+ w/ Spring Boot), or comparable experience with C#/.NET
- Experience with at least one scripting language (we use Python)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Information security: OAuth, SSO
- Front-end: Typescript/React
- Typical development tools and processes (automated testing, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring systems)
- AWS Ecosystem experience
- Database and queue experience(RabbitMQ/SQS/SNS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and S3)
The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $170,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.