Hostaway is the fastest-growing global SaaS start-up in the vacation rental industry. Our products provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for property managers and vacation rental owners. Our major partners include Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and several other leaders in the industry.
As the leading property management and vacation rental platform, our mission is simple: To build a cutting-edge product by teaming up with exceptional thinkers and passionate go-getters. We strive to foster the best environment for your team members, cultivate growth and inspiration, and create an exceptional experience on our team.
Since launching in 2015, Hostaway has been rapidly expanding our teams in Toronto and Barcelona. As a fast-paced startup, our goal is to create a culture of self-starting individuals with a tenacity for learning and a sense of urgency born out of a passion for growth.
- We are a team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are customer-focused. Our Customers’ success is our success
- We are driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes, against all odds
We are looking for a Product Designer with experience in e-commerce to contribute to the success of our direct sales channel. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and self-driven to produce high-quality work. As a Product Designer within the Direct Sales team, we need you to provide thinking and leadership in pursuit of an exceptional user experience, while at the same time collaborating with a cross-functional team on figuring out what’s the best feasible experience for our users, at every given time. We want someone who stays abreast of UX trends and looks for creative ideas by themselves and then brings them to the team and the rest of the company. Finally, you are able to drive the creation of simple solutions to complex usability problems.
- Conduct user research, analyze needs and intents, identify personas, and customer journey maps, and uncover jobs to be done.
- Design an easy-to-use user interface according to the most advanced world-class UI
- Act as the user advocate, incorporating user-centric design principles.
- Develop UI concepts, brainstorm, and create wireframes and prototypes.
- Deliver detailed designs of the user experience.
- Craft, pitch, and validate design strategies.
- Collaborate with your team on balancing the best user experience with technical feasibility
- Be able to enable your team by breaking your designs down into individual small increments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Design.
- 2+ years experience as a Product Designer working in B2C website design.
- You have experience designing for the 5 steps of the e-commerce funnel (Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action, and Re-engagement)
- Great skills in Figma. Proficiency in using most of its features.
- Strong visual and interactive design skills; attention to detail down to pixel-perfect execution.
- A team player, willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves with some design work or other tasks needed to keep a project moving.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- Experience working with design systems.
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own.
- Keeping up to date with trends, and best practices.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- Experience working in international teams will be a plus.
- C2 level of English or equivalent/native