Business Development Engineer Resume Sample (Versão Texto)
Address: Seteen St., Malaz, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Date of birth: 1987-12-12
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: +999 9999 999
Energetic, passionate and result-oriented Solar PVs Project Engineer with more than 5 years of technical and business development experience, who's seeking to join a multinational solar energy company with a technical, sales or business development role.
04/2012 - present, Solar PV Project Engineer, Al AbdulKarim Holding Company (AKH), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Technical study: identify projects’ electrical requirements & review project RFQs/RFPs. Determine load demands, size solar PV capacity, AC/DC calculations, PV layouts, energy storage, wiring diagrams & generate energy performance reports.
- Proposal preparation: preparing technical & commercial offers, compliance reports & schematic drawings. In addition to payback periods.
- Technical sales and follow-up: prospect for potential clients/projects, contact sales leads, present effective solutions, follow-up, closing process through negotiation and achieving the customer target price.
- Commercial: cost analysis for the proposed offers in terms of dry cost, commissioning, installation cost and profit margin. Identify scope of work and follow-up for the client payment and banking with the accounting team.
- Procurement: upon getting the customer PO/contract, POs are prepared by the project engineer to the approved electrical vendors/manufacturers. Review & negotiate contract terms from customers.
- Project site supervision: supervise the installation team, update progress reports and assure that installation quality is as per the approved design.
- Marketing & Business development: develop sales plans. Conduct business overview presentations for various clients. Partner with new business partners/manufacturers. Submit project tracking report to Regional Manager including projects pipeline and market/competition analysis.
- Leadership: lead junior engineers through training and mentoring.
01/2011 - 03/2012, Project Engineer, M.B Industrial (hager Panel Builder), Giza, Egypt
Studying RFQs, Tenders, Projects (SLDs, panels’ schedules), perform busbar calculations and prepare technical/commercial offers.
09/2005 - 07/2010, BSc in Electrical Power and Machines Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Graduation project theme: (Renewable Energy); Generation of Electrical energy from ocean's surface waves via a hydraulic-energy converter using a 3 phase induction motor and a variable speed drive which drives a mechanical simulation as the waves' motion.
Solar Projects Work
- KAPSARC’s Aramco: 3.5 MW EPC ground-mounted, grid-tied solar PV plant.
- Supplied 32 kW of Panasonic HIT solar modules to private & governmental projects.
- AbuNayyan's Family Compound: design of 10 kW on-grid solar system.
- Riyadh Metro Project: design proposal for 90 kW carport for metro stations & roof-top 4.2 MW for 3 train depots.
- Riyadh Cables Factory: system design of 36 kW grid-tied solar PV
- (30) MODA Telecommunication Towers: design of 20 kW off-grid solar PV systems.
- King Faisal Hospital Pedestrian Walkway: design for a PV off-grid battery backed LED illuminated walkway.
01/2017 - 02/2017, Solar Energy Winter School, SRH University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Successfully participated in the 2 weeks solar energy intensive course with excellence as a “SRH-Certified Solar Employee”. Gained 5 ECTS points knowledge about designing complete solar PV systems, calculating the ROI, hands-on wiring & PV systems installation and commissioning, contracts negotiation & international sales and got broadly connected to international solar energy industry players.
07/2014 - 08/2014, (International Summer University) for Renewable Energy & Environmental Sciences, Harz University of Applied Sciences, Wernigerode, Germany
Participated in the 6th. ISU (International Summer University) for Renewable Energy & Environmental Sciences by the Harz University of Applied Sciences for 3 weeks in Germany.
Gained 6 ECTS points for presentation topic “Green Energy Academy in Egypt” project idea.
01/2016 - 02/2016, Superstar Sales Course for Engineers, Nasseredin E-Consulting
Successful completion with strong applicable knowledge to all of the sales process phases starting from Prospecting, Presentation, Following-up till Closing and Negotiation of a sales deal. Full exercises on applying the SPIN selling technique. Achieved 1st. in the role play by successfully closing & negotiating multiple systems as one package.
Green Energy Academy: Founder & Training Director. GEA is an Egyptian multi-national renewable energy training academy. GEA delivered solar PVs training in Egypt, Berlin and Riyadh. The special training "System Design & Solar Business" conducted in Riyadh has got a big success and recognition of the trainees.
Skills & Competencies
PV*SOL & PVSYST solar design software
Emotional intelligence & communication
Willingness to learn
06/2015, IELTS Academic Test, British Council, https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/
IELTS Academic Test with overall band score 7.0
Online verification no.: 15SA004548SHER102A
09/2016 - present, Co-founder & Organizational Development Core team member, GSAN (German Solar Academy Network)-SRH University, Berlin, Germany
GSAN is a fast-growing global network, which primarily organizes professional vocational training in green technology with focus on solar PVs use for rural development. GSAN's mission is to create solar PV professionals in regions with less utilization of solar energy.
09/2010 - 01/2012, Outgoing exchange Project Manager, Cairo University Local committee,, AIESEC Egypt, Cairo, Egypt
AIESEC is the largest student-run organization in the world; it focuses on development of the youth's leadership so they can have a positive impact on their communities.
09/2009 - 09/2010, Co. Founder & Internal Public Relations committee Head., Dimensions Student Organization' 10-Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Technical sales/business development - 90%
Solar PV systems design - 95%
NEC NFPA 70 - 80%
Capacity to handle stress, resilience - 90%
Solar energy market knowledge - 92%