Please accept this covering letter in support of my application for the position of Administration Assistant.
I believe my experience, personality and ability to work part time or full time as required makes me a perfect candidate for this position. I thrive in an environment where everybody works hard but also loves to have a good laugh.
I have over fifteen years experience working in contract, service and accounts administration in the Fire Protection industry. This has included all aspects of systems installation, minor works, alterations and additions, prescribed servicing and breakdown/repair servicing. My technical aptitude, attention to detail and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly has afforded me great success in my previous roles. I am extremely flexible and highly adaptable; able to accurately follow existing business processes or if given the opportunity, to analyse and improve those processes. I have experience learning and using multiple accounting/ERP systems.
During my career, I have been heavily involved in communicating with clients, resolving client disputes, liaising with sub-contractors, and preparing reports for clients (to meet KPIs) and internally for management. I pride myself on always taking ownership of assigned tasks, regardless of whether they technically fall into my "job description".
During my professional career I have been called upon to juggle numerous concurrent responsibilities, including:
- Receptionist duties
- Scheduling/dispatching technicians for planned and reactive works
- Collecting job paperwork, matching to purchase orders and creating invoices
- High level accounts administration (AR/AP)
- Archiving of a huge volume of paperwork for the Service Department
- Typing of quotes, purchase orders, invoices
- Daily banking and GL reconciliation
- High level support to senior management and the Executive
- Contracts administration
- Defects resolution to recover bills and retention monies
- Pulp Fiction - I love a great dark comedy.
- Tropic Thunder - It's just hilarious!
- Elf - I wish more people took as much delight in the world as Buddy the Elf!
Clean NRG seems to be a truly "people focused" company and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss my application with you in person.