Controller at Welded Tube Resume Sample (Versão Texto)
Linda McConnell (CGA,CPA, PCP candidate)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Ambitious,dedicated and disciplined accounting management professional with 10+ years of experience , which include AR, AP, financial report generation and audit coordination. Specialized in streamlining process and saved 3-5 hours of month end processing time. Participated in 7 figure M&A projects and reconciled $500K differences. Passionate leader, encourages personal and professional growth for all to succeed.
Bank and account reconciliations
Expense planning and control
AR and AP monitoring
Budget & forecast
Sales tax rec and return
Internal control matrix
Excel (Vlookup, Pivot table & Sumifs)
MS Access & SQL
Qlikview & One stream
ERP (AS 400, Sage, Hyperion)
Concur (employee expense)
Mentoring and training
09/2013 - present, Financial analyst, Victaulic
Review financial statements and analyze variance for all business unites of the company. Develop detailed spreadsheets to identify trends and develop cash forecast. Consolidated and analyzed monthly results and budget.
- Participated in AR interview process and hired 1 valuable team member.
- Achieved a solution to a complicated payroll issues and established SOPs for unused vacation pay out and expat payroll recording.
- Implemented an automated AP reconciliation procedures through Qlikview , which reduced reconciliation procedure by 1 hour.
- Led and coordinated the employee expense accrual automation project, this project plan to increase accuracy and efficiency. With the new process in place, variance were less than $500 variance/month and cut processing time by 2 hours
- Professionally managed recording and reporting for multiple 7 figure M&A projects and during this time solved $500K unreconciled differences
- Expertly consolidated the fixed asset annual plan for 25+ projects throughout 5 warehouse locations.
05/2018 - present, Core 2 online facilitator, CPA Canada
Coach, mentor and review future CPAs, usually about 5 students per semester at a time. Create interesting and interactive learning experience to increase understanding of materials. Engage students and encourage group collaboration to tie to real - life scenarios or situations throughout the training while setting clear goals.
- Achieved a 100% passing rate for the first 2 semesters as a facilitator from all my students
- Honorarily invited by students as a PEP mentor
09/2011 - 08/2013, Associate Financial Analyst, Ecolab
Managed all accounting functions for the legal entity. Prioritized tasks by delegating, leading and trainning 2 inters in the preparations of supporting documents for audits.
- Managed and performed the consolidation of $60M budget and forecast for all 7 divisions
- Expertly reviewed and approved balance sheet reconciliations for over 70 accounts
- Developed and implemented 3 allocation templates for shared expense , streamlining the process. Resulting in the correction of coding errors over $1M.
07/2006 - 08/2011, Cost analyst, Ecolab
Designed systems, processes and procedure that collected and recorded data required for internal and external reporting. Performed month end close responsibilities, such as completing all JEs and month end reporting. Leas efforts to identify cost saving opportunities, provided data, and collaborated with stakeholders. Support the Plant controller in the day to day operation as well as attended local management meetings.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and earned a promotion
- Improved and implemented a new inventory reconciliation template that reduced this process by 4 days
- Knowledgeably mentored and monitored 1 intern while he work on a time tracking project for 40 hourly employees, ensuring proper procedures were followed and completed
- Headed in $12M manufacturing budget preparation
Accounting (CGA, CPA), CGA Ontario, Toronto
Psychology (BSc), Shanghai Normal University
2017 - present, Capstone1 presentation panel member, CPA Canada
Review, mark case presentations prepared by CPA students and provide feedback on their work. There were customarily 6 groups with 30+ students per session.
2015 - present, financial literacy presenter, CPA Canada
Delivered professional and unbiased financial literacy education and information to improve the overall state of financial literacy in Canada. Skillfully launched this program in 5 different organizations and performed in excess of 30 sessions since 2015.