IT Project Manager Resume Example (Version di testo)
Abdifatah Hussein Salah
Address: Kaunda Street, 000000, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone number: contact hidden
A dynamic Sr. IT Infrastructure Specialist. Holding a BSc. in IT, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CEH, ITIL and Sophos Certified Engineer. With more than 8 years of hands on extensive experience with IT Infrastructure technologies and Information Security implementation and operation across private and public Sectors. I'm always looking for new ventures where I can apply my expertise, learn and evolve.
05/2017 - Present, Sr. IT Specialist, USAID’s Transition Initiative for Stabilization Plus (TIS +) at AECOM, Nairobi, kenya
- Asses infrastructure and application communication channels internally and externally
- Designing and implementing infrastructure and application hardening methodologies (Servers, Storage, Network, Data Stores, Endpoints, Users) including least privileges, firewalls policies, access control, SSO, IPS, Encryption....etc.
- Ensure escalated service requests & SLA’s are handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure patches are installed and verified on all systems in accordance with the service
- Provide end-user communication for service outages, system upgrades, service improvements, service implementation, and service retirements.
- Develop standards for workstations, mobile devices, printers, and other devices routinely.
- Identify areas for process improvements.
- Manage and supervise IT professionals (employees and contractors) working in the IT Operations area. Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Manage service provider relationships delivering data communication and other infrastructural services to the Association. Prepare RFIs, RFPs, review bid proposals, contracts, scope of work, and other documentation for projects and associated efforts.
- Manage the development and maintenance of documentation including departmental policies, procedures, disaster recovery plans, and technical reports as it relates to IT Operations.
- Drive continuous improvement for ITSM (IT Service Mwanagement).
06/2016 - 06/2017, IT Infrastructure Specialist, International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC, Nairobi, Kenya & Somalia
- Designed, implement and manage global network architecture (LAN/WAN, connectivity, etc.)
- Assisted with creation of policies and procedure.
- Ensured network security through appropriate controls, policies, and deployment of systems; perform regular audits.
- Provided hands-on leadership in the configuration and maintenance of network hardware, DNS, DHCP, switching, routing and other essential network services such as administration of Cisco switches, routers, VPN and ASA/Meraki/Cyberoam devices (firewall rules, site-to-site VPNs, software updates, Sophos etc.)
- Monitored network resources 24/7 via centralized apps to pre-empt or respond to outages.
- Recommend, specify and manage the implementation of network equipment and applications.
- Ensured high availability and redundancy of data connectivity; implement disaster recovery and business continuity measures to support the ICRC’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Applied expertise in optimizing network performance to address connectivity needs under challenging circumstances.
- Provided network documentation and training to organization and IT department.
- Developed and maintain strong working relationships with ICRC department/office managers, IT contractors and key vendors.
- Installed programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, Wave Mail, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, and batteries) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Installed, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connections and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Shared knowledge and maintains technical and administrative information updated following internal documentation and reporting procedures.
01/2015 - 06/2016, IT Manager, USAID’s Transition Initiative for Stabilization at DAI, Nairobi, Kenya & Somalia
- Managed server backup process and perform data restores as requested
- Configured and install SonicWall firewall.
- Managed end to end IT infrastructure (Servers, Networks, Voice, Desktops, Laptops)
- Helped diagnose and fix issues raised by IT officer in the field
- Ensured network security through appropriate controls, policies, and deployment of systems; perform regular audits
- Performed other tasks as requested by the chief of Part and deputy Chief of party.
- Monitored network resources daily via centralized apps to pre-empt or respond to outages
- Recommend, specify and managed the implementation of network equipment and applications for IT grants
- Monitored server performance, utilization and uptime, responding to any.
- Assisted in development and maintenance of network login scripts and group policies for managing desktop environment and deploying applications
- Actively monitored and remediate virus activity and endpoint security client deployment.
- Ensured that all servers are online and available.
- Provided second-level support for local and remote staff including desktop hardware and software support, printer maintenance, best practices
- Worked with vendors to ensure adherence to service level agreements and integration of processes between internal and external staff resources
- Supported and mentor IT colleagues with troubleshooting of end user issues
- Kept monitoring systems up-to-date with currently monitored systems and endpoints
- Maintained Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2008r2/2012r2, WSUS server, Application servers and Print server.
01/2014 - 12/2014, IT Officer, USAID’s Transition Initiative for Stabilization at DAI, Nairobi, Kenya & Somalia
- Managed local network maintenance and installation (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP)
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, Windows 2008/12 server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, Kaspersky
- Antivirus Business Security installation and maintenance); Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows XP Pro or Windows 7/8/10 Pro, ghost, Sonic wall, MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes and other mail clients, Kaspersky AV);
- Set up new computers, user accounts, profiles and deal with password issues.
- Documented all IT issues and raise trouble tickets on TIS TAMIS for all problems being worked on.
- Performed grantee IT assessments for IT grants in accordance with DAI and USAID policy.
- Established a good working relationship with users and other professionals.
- Updated, register, delete, capture fingerprint and ensure it matches with their names in the biometric access control.
- Administered and configured IP PBX telephony.
01/2013 - 12/2013, IT Assistant, USAID’s Transition Initiative for Stabilization at DAI, Nairobi, Kenya & Somalia
- Managed Server and sever application maintenance and installation (hardware integration, window 2008 server installation and maintenance of LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domain and messaging system,n kespersky Antivirus Business Security Installation and Maintenance).
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (laptops, desktops, MS windows XP Pro or Windows7 Pro, Ms office suite, Lotus Notes installation and configuration and other mail clients, Kespersky AV ).
- Assisted local office managedrs in properly inventorying IT equipments.
- Travelled to any of the Somalia field offices to render the required IT support in a short notice without problems.
- Provided technical and operational support to users for all their needs
- Ensured timely configuration and deployment of desktop/laptop equipment to staff, both in support office (Nairobi) and other offices in Somalia, providing first level support and escalating where necessary.
- Ensured the installation and configuration of network components, which include Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches and any related network components.
- Liaised with Office of Information Managedment and Technology in Home Office (OIMT) for the creation of new email users and ensure that mailing lists are kept up to date.
- Designed and managed deployment Information Technology Systems including budgeting and planning.
09/2013 - 11/2015, Bsc.IT, Computer and Networks, Nairobi
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
01/2009 - 11/2011, DIT, Computer and Networks, Nairobi
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Servers (Dell, HP)
Virualization (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft)
Information Security Policies and Procedure
Governance and Compliance
Auditing, Reporting and Compliance Enforcement
Rapid learning of new technologies
12/2014, MCSE, Microsoft
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
09/2014, MCSA, Microsoft
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
12/2014, CCNA, Cisco
CCNA Routing and Switching
04/2016, CEH, EC-Council
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v9)
04/2017, ITIL, AXELOS
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
10/2017, SCE, Sophos
Sophos Certified Engineer
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book
Feeling the music
Every kind of sport