Oracle Senior IT Operations Engineer Resume Template (Versión de texto)
Address: Corks Hill, EX15 3DP, Collumpton, Devon, UK
Date of birth: 1979-11-22
Phone number: contact hidden
What I have to offer
I have held responsible positions in a number of companies specialising in IT services as a systems administrator, tester and programmer. My practical experience includes systems administration, support, software development, testing, specifications, security policy and people management.
What I'm looking for. Is this you?
- company with a positive ethical stance
- direct engineering hands-on involvement
- manage a small team
- time and opportunity to learn and apply emerging technologies
- work hard but not 24/7
08/2014 - present, Senior IT Operations Engineer, Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol, UK
- Responsiblities: Mentoring systems administrators, supporting agile development teams, introducing work methods to support CI/CD, systems automation programming in Python, Go, Ruby, Perl and Java.
- Project lead with: automated testing for puppet manifests, migrating legacy systems to AWS, Dynamic Infrastructure with AWS and Docker.
- Currently rewriting the tooling on the CI pipeline.
07/2012 - 08/2014, Software Test Analyst, Viral AdNetwork, Bristol
- I implemented a more robust development process, championing using testing more during a full development cycle.
- I also did systems admin, added monitoring, firefighting database problems on live Ubuntu systems dealing with high volume user traffic, implemented puppet set up to manage servers centrally, wrote puppet modules, packaging software products for installation on Ubuntu. The tech lead there was involved with Google and we used ( and I wrote tests for) Google features such as protobuf in our product.
- It was a fun place to work, the people are friendly. Agile SCRUM methods were used by all the teams, not just the programmers. We seem to keep busy without it becoming a high-pressure environment.
02/2012 - 05/2012, Programmer, Digital TV Labs, Bristol
- I worked on the YouView STB project tracking current pass rate of the test suite (python based, running on STB, 1000+ cases), analysing reasons for fails, assigning fixes to developers, writing report for OEM and training engineers from OEM how to run and use the test suite.
- This position was working as a contractor. It was enjoyable and I learnt a lot.
10/2008 - 01/2012, Programmer, Telemedic Systems Ltd, Bristol
- Adding features in python and C to embedded mobile device for medical data use. The data device took streaming real time data from medical devices (Heart rate EKG, Pulse Ox, Temperature etc) and transmitted it to anywhere over any available data channel (Mobile phone, land line, WLAN) to user clients.
- I loved this job, the pay was terrible but it reignited my interest in all things programming.
- Sadly the company ran out of funding in the end.
11/2007 - 04/2008, Systems Administrator, Bray Leino, South Molton
- Checking that projects to deploy were of sufficient quality.
10/2002 - 07/2007, Systems Administrator, Integrated FM, Warwick
- Managing servers, writing documentation, specifying servers for customers, information security policy development, 2nd line support for customers.
11/1999 - 06/2001, Technical Coordinator, City Netgates, Bristol
- Unix server management, staff management, project management and development.
1989 - 1992, Human Computer Interaction, University of East London, London
- DipHE by Independent Study, gained in evening study.
2016, Certified Scrum Master, Agile Alliance, License 544689
Unix/Linux Systems admin
Amazon Web Services
Inspec gives insight, sysadvent blog, http://sysadvent.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/day-16-inspec-gives-insight.html
Introduction to Inspec infrastructure test system
Github contributions to projects in Go, Python and Ruby https://github.co...url-hidden
Stackoverflow reputation 15000+ top 3% https://stackoverflow.co...url-hidden