Photo Editor Resume Template (Versión de texto)
Address: Brook, Virginia, Richmond,, 23220
Date of birth: 1984-23-01
Email address: contact hidden
Phone number: contact hidden
My photographic background consists of portraiture, photojournalism, forensics, public relations marketing, photo retouching and large scale printing. Besides my creative eye and photographic skills, I am a loyal, independent, self-motivated and hardworking employee and possess the ability to respond quickly to spontaneous changes. For 7 years I was the sole Police Photographer for the Chesapeake Police Department in Chesapeake, VA. I left with good standing in November of 2017 so that I could take a work sabbatical before relocating to another state for a new career.
10/2016, Chief's Award of Excellence, Chesapeake Police Department
02/2016, US Department of Justice Community Policing Photo Contest, US Department of Justice
02/2016, Civilian of the Year 2015, Chesapeake Police Department
07/2015, Civilian of the 2nd Quarter, Chesapeake Police Department
11/2014, Outstanding Teamwork, Chesapeake Police Department
04/2010, Department of Photography & Film Award, Anderson Gallery Juried Art Exhibition, Virginia Commonwealth University
04/2006, First Place, Genesis College Juried Art Exhibition, Peninsula of Fine Arts Center
11/2010 - 11/2017, Police Photographer, Chesapeake Police Department, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Planned, scheduled and executed all aspects of photography for on-location and studio shoots.
- Exercised artistic sensitivity and skill to plan the composition, lighting and background of each assignment, including photographing forensic evidence.
- Edited photographs for color balancing and color correction.
- Printed large format photographs and worked with both RGB and CYMK color spaces.
- Processed all photographs taken in Camera Raw first before editing in Adobe Photoshop.
- Created, edited and enhanced photographic evidence as it pertains to latent fingerprints, surveillance video, crime scene photos and suspect line-ups for use by police officers, detectives, latent fingerprint examiners and Commonwealth Attorneys in criminal prosecutions.
- Trained forensic technicians on how to properly photograph crime scenes and reviewed all of their photos for quality control.
- Maintained and managed a in-house professional photo studio and photo lab.
- Was the digital asset manager for archiving all crime scene and department photographs.
- Shot, stored and maintained departmental personnel photo database.
- Designed and created recruitment posters and advertisements for social media accounts and print.
- Created art exhibition quality installations depicting the culture of public safety.
11/2012 - present, Photographer, Freelance Photography, Various Cities, Virginia
- Shoot boudoir, fashion, portraiture, weddings, products and food.
03/2017 - present, Photographer, Interviewer, Editor, Designer, Working on Self Published Book, Various Cities
- The book will consist of portraits and interviews with burlesque performers and drag queens, exploring their interpretation of femininity in the 21st century.
On Location Lighting
Photoshop Editing and Retouching
Color Balancing and Correction
Mac OS X systems
Social Media Marketing
01/2008 - 05/2010, Photography, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
08/2004 - 05/2007, Photography, Thomas Nelson Community College, Hampton, Virginia
07/2011, Advanced Forensic Photography Course, Department of Forensic Sciences in Richmond, Virginia
11/2015, When Clowns Attack, book
09/2015, Virginia Town & City Magazine
08/2011, Scholastic Magazine
12/2008, Photographer's Forum Best of 2008 Photography, book