Consultant at Palmer Development Group Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
I am a self-motivated, innovative and goal-oriented development professional, seeking to obtain employment in research, and higher education sectors. I am hardworking, a fast learner and bring with me substantial experience of analytical research, project planning, research methodology and data management. I have the desire to pursue my career with a progressive institution that has a multidisciplinary focus.
01/2020 - present, Convener - Online Modules, Sustainability Institute, Stellenbosch
- Working on part-time basis to teach curriculum materials through online video lessons.
- Leading online discussions of the course materials via forums and web chat.
- Responding to student comments and questions posted online.
- Evaluating students papers, projects, tests and other assessments.
- Maintaining records on students progress and grades.
07/2018 - 06/2019, Project Manager (Township Economies), Western Cape Economic Development Partnership, Cape Town, South Africa
- Plan and design township economies project approaches in line with collaborative partnering methodology.
- Prepared detailed project plans and quarterly deliverables in line with project requirements.
- Managed budgets and funding, in line with project requirements.
- Managed outsourced service providers and stakeholders as part of project implementation.
- Facilitating communication, planning and decision-making across sectors in a collaborative leadership manner.
10/2015 - 05/2017, Project Officer (Domestic Waste Management Initiatives), Zemvelo Waste Management, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Working on the research division for the waste management projects and the establishment of domestic recycling up-cycling initiatives.
- Responded effectively to changes in project requirements and recalculating deliverables as needed.
- Adjusted project plans to account for dynamic targets, staffing changes and operational specifications.
- Developed and deepened relationships with key stakeholders.
- Performed detailed assessments of risks to determine constraints and develop mitigation strategies.
05/2014 - 08/2015, Researcher (Green Economy), Cape Higher Education Consortium, Cape Town, South Africa
- Worked on joint research group and steering committee for green economic strategies at the CHEC institutions.
- Data gathering from various universities in the Western Cape on the areas of expertise, research projects and research capacities on climate change, sustainability and green economy.
- Co-authored the strategy report on: Trends in Climate Change, Sustainability and Green Economy at CHEC Institutions.
- Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance and deliverable record, consistently collaborating with team members.
03/2010 - 12/2012, Part-time Campus Ambassador (Gradute Expectation Survey), Magnet Communication Research and Media, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Hosted students group discussions to gather insights about the workplace expectation after graduation.
- Circulated fliers displayed posters and offered promotional items on campus to introduce students on salary expectations after graduation survey.
- Participated in student group discussions to gather information on students' employment environment expectations.
- Gathered data, analysed it and compiled it into reports which were distributed to the appropriate personnel.
01/2009 - 11/2012, Part-time Students Assistant, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Performed administrative activities such as taking attendance, grading assignments and maintaining student records.
- Organised classroom materials to help teachers prepare for daily instruction and activities.
- Completed a range of simultaneous job tasks to support professor's academic, research and operational needs.
- Gathered and organised files and research papers.
- Searched at library and in scholarly databases to locate necessary information.
present, PhD (Urban and Regional Science), Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Research Focus: Contemporary place-based urban planning theories and practices.
2020, MDP (Development and International Cooperation), University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Thesis: Focused on Urbanisation and fast food consumption in South African Townships.
Selected Courses: Political Economies of Development; Philosophy of Social Sciences; Motivating Sustainable Consumption; Cultural Sustainability.
2017, MPhil (Sustainable Development Planning and Management), Stellenbosch University
Thesis: Focused on using transdisciplinary research methods to facilitate transit-oriented development for urban development integration.
Selected Courses: Sustainable cities; Research methodology; Integrated thesis and research development; Research dissemination; Advanced studies in sustainable development.
2014, PGDip (Sustainable Development), Stellenbosch University
Major Courses: Sustainable enterprise; Sustainable cities; Facilitation for sustainable transition; Governance and globalisation.
Selected Minors: Renewable energy system; Bio-energy; Complexity theory and systems thinking.
2012, BAHons (Geography and Environmental Studies), Stellenbosch University
Major Courses: Human geographic research application; Geography and environmental studies; Tourism analysis and systems; Urban analysis and synthesis.
Selected Minors: Environmental analysis and synthesis; Tourism analysis and systems; Geographic Information System.
2011, BA (Development and Environment), Stellenbosch University
Major Courses: Public and development management; Social anthropology; Geography and environmental studies; Economics.
Selected Minors: History, Sociology, Humanities, Information skills, Afrikaans language acquisition.
Data collection and organisation Microsoft Office Packages
Interviewing and communication QSR NVivo 9
Workshop facilitation IBM SPSS 10.0
Documents management ArcGIS 9.2
Effectively managing multiple projects
Effectively managing multiple projects
Ability to prioritize
01/2016 - present, General Volunteer, Rabiah's Helping Hands, Blackheath, South Africa
- Assist staff with paperwork and administration as needed.
- Cooking and packaging food parcels for giveaways. Ensuring that the highest quality standards were maintained.
- Prepared and served food for the needy.
01/2015 - 06/2017, General Volunteer, Badisa Trio Kuils River, Kuils River, South Africa
- Ad hoc duties in various departments.
- Assisted participants in events.
- Doing list and preparing materials for volunteer activities.
- Helping community-based psychosocial activities.
01/2014 - 12/2015, Mentor, United Nations South Africa, Stellenbosch Chapter, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Tutored underprivileged primary and high school-age students in grammar, spelling, creative writing, essay writing, and a wide range of mathematics to help better comprehend school sessions and learning objectives.
- Shared instant feedback with students and parents to positively motivate children to aspire to learn.
11/2018, Certificate of Achievement, University College London
Completed an online course in Development and Planning in African Cities: Exploring Theories, Policies and Practices from Sierra Leone.
10/2019, Certificate of Achievement, University of Leicester
Completed an online course in Discovering you PhD Potential: Writing a Research Proposal
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book
Feeling the music