Public Defender Resume Example (Textversion)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Motivated and self-driven Public Defender with 4+ years of extensive experience and comprehensive background in participating in all phases of various legal cases, representing indigent defendants, and performing any administrative duties. Great negotiator and communicator with excellent knowledge of Law and strong attention to detail and accuracy. Possessing well-developed critical thinking skills and extraordinary time management abilities, David is currently looking for a Public Defender job.
06/2015 - 06/2019, Public Defender, York County Government, York, SC, United States
- Pro-actively participated in all phases of more than 100 misdemeanors/felony cases, conducted professional research, and analyzed and evaluated facts.
- Conducted pre-trial hearings, negotiated plea agreements, represented indigent defendants, and worked closely with other Public Defenders.
- Stayed up-to-date with current laws, provided beneficial advice and recommendations to clients and their family members on any legal issues.
- Performed various general office duties and trained and coordinated 15 Legal Interns, ensuring that all policies and procedures were fully followed.
- Ranked as a #1 Public Defender for constantly achieving extraordinary results and performing great work.
09/2012 - 05/2015, Juris Doctor Degree, Stetson University, DeLand, FL, United States
GPA: 4.0 (Top 1% of the Program)
The 2014 Academic Excellence Award winner
09/2008 - 05/2012, Political Science, Duke University, Durham, NC, United States
GPA: 3.98 (Top 5% of the Program)
Clubs and Societies: Business Club, Debate Club, Film Society
09/2006 - 05/2008, IB Diploma Program, Anglo-American School of Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 6 subjects)
The 2012 Best Graduate Award winner
Activities: Debate Club, Ancient History Club, Water Polo Team
LawGro, Sheriasoft LPM
Knowledge of Law
09/2010 - 05/2011, Vice President, Duke University Debate Club, Durham, NC, United States
04/2015, ACD Certification, American Public Defender Commission
10/2008, Driving Licence, Driving School