10/2018 - 12/2018, Level 2B Student Occupational Therapist, Small Talk Speech and Occupational Therapy, San Diego, CA
- Collaborated with Senior OT's and SLP's on patient performance, development, and behavioral recommendations.
- Managed full patient case load with diagnosis ranging from, but not limited to; ASD, Coordination Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Chromosomal Abnormalities, and Congenital Brain Injuries.
- Collaborated with patient caregivers to promote success with Individualized Home Education Programs geared towards fulfillment of proprioceptive, vestibular, feeding, gross, and fine motor needs.
- Presented latest evidence on the positive correlation between SLP and OT services and the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach.
- Performed formal and informal assessments and evaluations, and independently administered the BOT-2, PDMS-2, and Sensory Profile 2.
- Contributed to ongoing patient education by creating a family focused guide for "picky eaters" providing sensory focused solutions to integration, backed by scientific research.
08/2018 - 09/2018, Level 2A Student Occupational Therapist, Aviara Healthcare Center, Encinitas, CA
- Managed a full patient case load and collaborated with senior OT's, SLP's and PT's for the treatment of patients with orthopedic and neurological concerns.
- Regularly contributed to in-service meetings with MD's and therapists to discuss patient treatment approaches and discharge potential based on patient care, interventions, and in-depth clinical reasoning.
- Performed evaluations, and independently administrated the MOCA, SLUMS, Allen's Cognitive Placemat test, and Modified COPM.
- Designed and implemented individualized rehabilitative plans to increase functional independence by combining patient precaution, health, and safety education with self care and therapeutic interventions.
- Provided support, instruction, and mentorship for two entering OT students.
- Presented a capstone project to aid future MOT/S with evaluation and assessment through easy to follow visuals for varied documentation platforms (Matrix, Rehab Optima, etc.).
03/2017 - 02/2017, Level 1B Student Occupational Therapist, Braille Institute of America, San Diego, CA
- Designed client centered skills labs along side OTA students.
- Co-facilitated courses specially designed to aide vision impaired clients with independent food preparation, housekeeping, and leisure activities.
01/2017 - 02/2017, Level 1A Student Occupational Therapist, Affirma Rehabilitation, La Jolla, CA
- Aided a licensed OT in assessment, intervention, post-op protocol.
- Coordinated care with physicians to achieve patient goals.
01/2016 - 05/2016, Physical Therapy Aide, Fields In Motion Physical Therapy, Campbell, CA
- Directed patients through exercise routines utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Applied physical agent modalities (cryrotherapy, thermotherapy, tens) in an outpatient orthopedic setting, under the supervision of licensed PT's.
12/2015 - 05/2016, Behavioral Therapist 2, Positive Solutions, San Jose, CA
- Utilized ABA techniques to encourage children 0-3 y/o with developmental delays to explore and learn through play and aid developmental milestones.
- Implemented strategies to decrease non-compliance, aggression, self injurious and stereotypic behaviors.
07/2014 - 08/2015, Senior Behavioral Technician, Advanced ABA, San Jose, CA
- Trained newly hired behavior technicians on incorporating behavior analytic procedures in the home setting.
- Guided positive behavior strategies to increase communication, cognitive, and self help skills for children 18mos-18 y/o.
2014, Program Counselor, Achieve Kids, Palo Alto, CA
- Guided 1:1 instruction, community integration, and vocational preparation for children 16-22 y/o with severe behavioral, and developmental disabilities.
2002 - 2013, Caregiver, Independently Contracted, San Jose, CA
- Supported families with children of all ages and abilities, including medically fragile, developmentally delayed, and those possessing behavioral concerns.