Accounting Controller Resume Sample (Textversion)
Dan Manor MSc.
Highly accomplished Accounting Controller with extensive experience of over 9 years in Accounting, Finance, and Information Technology. Ability to motivate and lead highly productive diverse teams in order to enhance and fully implement new business processes to maximize business management. A strong team player and communicator, who highly values personal and integrity. Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment with an enthusiastic spirit that no job is too big.Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across departments.
Areas of Expertise:
· Financial planning and reporting · Knowledge of AP/AR & Payroll · Critical thinking skills · Process Management
· Financing, budgeting, GAAP · Cash flow forecasting
· Internal Controls · Accounting Principles
02/2011 - 08/2019, Accounting Controller, McKonly & Asbury Placement, London, UK
- Managed departmental costs and reduction of costs within the Finance department.
- Supervised, trained, and evaluated a total of (4) accountants and accounting clerks, oversaw all accounting and cash activities.
- Assisted in the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of programs, policies, and procedures by reviewing and analyzing relevant information and made recommendations of new and revised policies, procedures, protocols, forms, notices, internal controls, and staff development and training programs in order to improve effectiveness.
- Reviewed and distributed daily revenue reports to resort management.
- Managed cash flow; updated weekly cash flow forecast for weekly executive review & reviewed bank balance, outstanding checks, and available cash balance.
- Managed accounts payable balance and payment selection on a timely basis.
- Prepared, analyzed, and distributed weekly financial reports to resort management.
- Provided balance sheet account reconciliations review and signoff on a monthly basis.
- Served as a technical and administrative resource to County departments and other agencies on a variety of cost-related topics.
02/2006 - 01/2011, Accounting Controller, Wayfinder Group B.V., London, UK
- Developed numerous cost savings and revenue-generating ideas for the departments that, once implemented, resulted in a personnel reduction of 15%.
- Managed finance & accounting operations and 2 accounting personnel.
- Developed and maintained internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Managed all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and RR.
- Maintained quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Supervised the preparation and review of cost studies to ensure that federal guidelines were followed, and cost recovery was maximized.
- Coordinated and directed the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Prepared and published timely monthly financial statements.
- Managed month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing & reporting.
09/2001 - 06/2002, Master of Science in Accounting, University of London, London, UK
Certified Professional - CPA License (2015)
09/1998 - 08/2001, Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting, University of London, London, UK
Cash handling and Cash processing